Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Camping mishaps new topic started.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Camping mishaps new topic started. Empty Camping mishaps new topic started.

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:01 am

Started a new thread as there must be lots of stories like this and other camping mishaps that may not have been funny at the time but are now so please share them here:D

We had one of those huge triple height air beds and it had started to deflate while we were in the local pub, we both got on it rather tipsy and it must have continued to deflate, the thing ended up with us in the middle on the floor and the two sides came up and met in the middle, we couldn't get out of it for laughing. Laughing

Last edited by helen on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Camping mishaps new topic started. Empty Camping mishaps

Post by Krist0n Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:06 am

lmao. We did just the same. I'm hurting my sides now, laughing.
    Great days.lol.
    Keith
    Keith

Camping mishaps new topic started. Empty Re: Camping mishaps new topic started.

Post by Keith Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:23 pm

One of our many mishaps was in our tenting days, we had 2 frame tents one 6 berth with 3 bedrooms one 5 with two bedrooms, basically we travelled to Loch Lomond from Bury and took the wrong frame for the tent and ended up using gaffa tape and cable ties with some help from a fellow camper to cobble a frame together, luckily? we had taken the smaller tent and the larger frame rather than the other way round.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

I decided to make cheese on toast and John wanted beans on his so I put the toast under the grill the beans on the hob and put the kettle on to boil, I managed to melt the handle of the kettle as I had left it with the handle close to the top vent of the grill that was on full doing the toast. We patched it up and it still bears the scars so perhaps its time for a new one.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

Once got ourselves a nice light coloured tent, seemed so much brighter inside than the previous dark blue one we had ............ big mistake when we put the lights on inside at night you could see our silhouettes perfectly even when we were getting undressed or using the porta loo. It was only after the 3rd night that an elderly couple told us affraid
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

LOL. We have only been camping 3 times, so still have many mishaps to come. I'm sure there are plenty already that havn't come to mind yet, but I will inform you og=f them when they do.

I remember the 1str camping trip far too vividly. It was wet and cold, and very windy. We went with 3 other couples, and we were the only ones with children. As our H reg nissan Sunny wasn't up the the job of travelling to south wales, we were car sharing with the others. 5 hours or BARNEY songs. I don't know if your familiar with Barney or not, but he's a really annoying american dinosaur teddy type thing. OMG.
    Then when we were there, our baby was only 18 months old, and really didn't appreciate the whole camping experience. Neither did our friends, as our little boy kept them awake for pretty much the whole of one week. What a week.

That little boy is now 12 years old, and we also have a 8 year old boy, an 18 month old boy, and a 10 week old little girl. We WILL have fun. Bring your earplugs Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

We have taken our granddaughter with us and were desperately trying to get her to go to sleep, eventually we took her out of the dandy still in her sleeping bag and put her in the pushchair sleeping bag too. We went around the field in circles taking turns but didn't notice that because the sleeping bag was nylon and we hadn't put the strap between her legs she had slid down eventually ending up on the floor in front of the trolley in her sleeping bag. No harm was done and not a murmer from her as she had at last fallen to sleep.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 10 Nov 2011, 4:18 pm

Over the years, gosh that makes me sound old, lol, we've forgotten many things including:-

The cool box full of food
    Cups, we had to drink out of a jug all weekend
    The water container, we managed to borrow one from another camper
    Torch, we just stumbled around all weekend
    Toilet tent pegs, someone gave us their throw away bent ones

But in return we lent lots of things to other campers, our mallet numerous times, the jump leads, our wind up torch, got shopping for someone who's camper had broken down.

It just goes to show how most people are in the same boat, one way or the other.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:47 am