Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Do you have a hobby ?

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Do you have a hobby ? Empty Do you have a hobby ?

Post by Helen on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:00 pm

I love animals and have a purpose built shed for rescued rabbits. Kids get fed up with them or they just become a problem for the owners. We have had around 18 rabbits but are now down to only a few. My only other hobby is camping and my Dandy.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Do you have a hobby ? Empty Re: Do you have a hobby ?

Post by vickoir on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:10 pm

nick and i enjoy mountain biking and cycling its so bad we have a bike tree in our bedroom with the pride and joys on the shed has the other bikes,
we also enjoy walking so the dandy is perfect for us persuing these hobbies in areas we wouldn't probably be and in my case dogs too are my hobby i have bred ridgebacks with my sister she used to show before she had the kids and has has a crufts group winner Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Decided i dont have hobbies,i call them interests that way i can have more of them and not feel guilty Very Happy camping,fishing,target shooting,photography,woodwork,my main interest i now have to limit to once a week affraid its an age thing.

mike
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:59 pm

ok i'm totally intrigued, you have a bike tree in your bedroom Vicki, do i want that explaining or is it something best not mentioned in polite company lol

my hobbies (or interests) are very lazy, i love camping in my dandy and the only real interest i have is reading (apart from spending far too much time on the net too i suppose)
Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Do you have a hobby ? Empty Hobbies

Post by Lol and Steve on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

My hobby is hoarding i dont do it on purpose, in fact i wish i didn't do it, i just can't help it.

Dandies are an obsession for me anything to do with dandies and i want to know i cant resist.
I have had 2 little ones and 3 big ones up to now but i have to reign myself in and try and be sensible, we can't afford my obsession and our garden has looked like a sales yard in the past, i had 3 at one time and i still have two. I was even tempted by the dandy with the toilet that as on ebay a few weeks ago, i had to give myself a slap.

I also have a huge family tent that we hardly used before we bought our first dandy and a small 2 man tent that the kids used about twice when they were young and my eldest is 27, we also have a pop up tent which we have never used, i bought it to use to put stuff in when we just had the dandy up and no awning but i then bought a porch so its still in the wrapper, hopefully my son will use it when he starts going to the festivals. (We havn't used the porch yet either, but we will.) Oh and a sun canopy that we have used once.

I have a more normal hobby too i am the captain of a darts team, although we are more "here for the beer" than serious but it gets me away from day to day things and i enjoy having a banter with the girls. (It also gives Steve a bit of peace.)

Any more nutters out there?

lol!
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

Eilis wrote:ok i'm totally intrigued, you have a bike tree in your bedroom Vicki, do i want that explaining or is it something best not mentioned in polite company lol

my hobbies (or interests) are very lazy, i love camping in my dandy and the only real interest i have is reading (apart from spending far too much time on the net too i suppose)

a bike tree is a stand that you can store multiple bikes on depending on height upto 4
so just for you Eilis this is a bike tree

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lol!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

well you learn something new every day, i had never heard of a bike tree before this
Lol and Steve
Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

That's brill vicky, nice and neat, it's a shame you can't attach it to your dandy you would have all your favourite things together then.

lol!
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

Eilis wrote:well you learn something new every day, i had never heard of a bike tree before this

well i thought i'd post a pic incase you all thought nick and i were upto something strange and unusual Laughing Wink
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

Lol and Steve wrote:That's brill vicky, nice and neat, it's a shame you can't attach it to your dandy you would have all your favourite things together then.

lol!

don't think the dog would approve of being hung up there, just as well we have a big bedroom but as those 2 bike are worth about the same as a decent second hand car or a newer model dandy thought we'd keep them somewhere safe, just wish we had a bigger house then i could start hoarding stuff too Laughing Laughing
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

well i thought i'd post a pic incase you all thought nick and i were upto something strange and unusual Laughing Wink [/quote]

feeling a little disappointed that it's not something kinky Twisted Evil
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:25 pm

Eilis wrote:
well i thought i'd post a pic incase you all thought nick and i were upto something strange and unusual Laughing Wink

feeling a little disappointed that it's not something kinky Twisted Evil [/quote] Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:12 pm

I love camping of course, but my other main hobby is War of the Roses reenactment, my OH and I are archers with the Beaufort Companye. Quite often I manage to combine the two things as we will be camping in Tewkesbury next month in the Dandy while we attend the Medieval Fayre.
I also used to run a Science Fiction club in Wolverhampton, but I stopped doing that when we started the reenactment not enough time to do both (still love sci-fi though).
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

That sounds like fun Jane, your Dandy must be very handy for this type of thing. queen king

I also have Lols habbit of collecting camping stuff I have no use for and hoarding it. lol!
John
John

Post by John on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:32 pm

mountaineering
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:40 pm

hooker128 wrote:mountaineering

If we all meet up somewhere with that type of terrain, you could take Nick with you while us ladies sit and drink wine. lol!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:42 pm

Had one go at that when i was 20 in the lake district pulled myself up to get on a ledge and came face to face with a sheep affraid i know there harmless but just didn't expect it.
carl
carl

Post by carl on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

my hobby is breeding and showing Guppies (tropical fish)
i keep them in a garden shed and show them all over Europe (no big wins yet)
i have 72 fish tanks at the moment and hoping to expand soon
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:54 pm

that must be seriously time consuming knowing how much time it takes to take care of tropical fish
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:30 pm

helen wrote:

If we all meet up somewhere with that type of terrain, you could take Nick with you while us ladies sit and drink wine. lol!

thanks for delegating me lol!
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

helen i think that's a damn fine idea lol and we can bring binoculars and keep an eye on them

for some reason that old ad stuck in my head then about the coast guard with petunia lol
carl
carl

Post by carl on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:50 pm

Eilis wrote:that must be seriously time consuming knowing how much time it takes to take care of tropical fish
i think thats why the wife encourages me (less time in the house)
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 7:53 pm

well i guess it's less damaging to your health than going to the pub Smile
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:41 pm

as i said nick and i enjoy bike riding this was the state he came home on sunday (and he took my bike!!)wich still needs cleaning

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Owd Lad
Owd Lad

Do you have a hobby ? Empty Hobbies/ Interests

Post by Owd Lad on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Helen, just read your original post on this thread. Did you really have all those rabbits to feed your kids up on them? No wonder you haven't many left and your lad is so big.
My current pastime is canoeing, mainly on fresh water but I'm not averse to a bit of the salty stuff as well. Until twelve months ago I had a sailing boat, bought for use by family when they visited but work, school and distance meant that it got limited use and it was too heavy for me to launch and recover easily on my own so it had to go. I must say that I never fell out of the sail boat. Wish I could say the same about the canoe!
I do understand the appeal of mountain biking and it's my proud boast that I had one of the first in Bolton, some 26yrs ago. It was a bit chunky compared to todays models but I still managed to get it up the railway path to the top of Mount Snowdon. It took three hours to go up and a very exhilerating three quarters of an hour to come down. I must say that I prefer my wheels with power these days, plus I'm no longer as aerodynamically shaped as I was then (Unless 'sack of spuds' can be considered a shape!)
Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 09 Aug 2020, 6:15 am