Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands Empty Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands

Post by Helen on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:14 am

One of the threads has reminded me we bought some Axle stands after we had a problem with the tyre deflating over winter, how many of you use axle stands when your Dandy is not in use. Our Axle stands were bought from Netto for £4.95 two years ago so you can get them cheap enough and they are also good if you are doing any work on your Dandy.

If you don't use them is there anything you do to protect your tyres or do you think it's not necessary.
recycle600
recycle600

Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands Empty Re: Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands

Post by recycle600 on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:50 am

I never used axle stands when I had a caravan on my drive previously and I had it stored there for 17 years with a change of tyres after 5 years as they both went on the same scottish holiday within 50 miles of each other and I only had one spare, but was fortunate enough to have the second one go as we pulled onto the campsite and had a trolley jack to enable me to get both tyres replaced at once. The area on my drive is sheltered behind a wall so the tyres are not caught in the direct force of the wind which might help. Will change my tyres after 5 years regardless as do not expect to be as lucky next time.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

our dandy is stored on axle stands all year round especially as we have to look after those sexy new wheels lol! Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands 1710857839
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 8:44 pm

Tyre Saver Flat Spot Eliminators

they are flat on the bottom and curved on top

wheel sits on them and stops flat spots

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:49 pm

They look good and not expensive either Dandy Trailer Tent Axle Stands 184121345

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 06 Aug 2020, 1:56 pm