Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping


Christmas tips

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 8:47 am

Never talk politics over the Christmas Dinner table or at a party

If you have to spend time in the company of people or a person who irritates you avoid alcohol.

If you feel you have stayed long enough - you probably have.

If you go out Christmas Eve don't drink so much that you can't eat your Christmas Dinner ....... the cook will not be impressed and it spoils the atmosphere on Christmas Day.

If your a driver remember that you can still be over the limit the day after.

If you have a roof box stick it in the back garden and put all of the beer in it ...... it keeps it lovely and cold and you can lock it.

If you need more fridge space and have a 3 way it will work in your house too as will a camping cooker and mini oven if required.

santa santa santa

More tips welcome







mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 71
Location : north east lincs

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by mike on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

helen wrote:Never talk politics over the Christmas Dinner table or at a party

If you have to spend time in the company of people or a person who irritates you avoid alcohol.

If you feel you have stayed long enough - you probably have.

If you go out Christmas Eve don't drink so much that you can't eat your Christmas Dinner ....... the cook will not be impressed and it spoils the atmosphere on Christmas Day.

If your a driver remember that you can still be over the limit the day after.

If you have a roof box stick it in the back garden and put all of the beer in it ...... it keeps it lovely and cold and you can lock it.

If you need more fridge space and have a 3 way it will work in your house too as will a camping cooker and mini oven if required.

santa santa santa

More tips welcome










Say sod em all and go dandy camping cheers cheers cheers
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:47 pm

Good tips there, but a couple of questions. If you are Dandying and your 3 way fridge is full, can you take the house fridge for the overflow, or do we have to have a roof box, if so have you get a ladder, I can't reach my vehicle roof? lol!
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

helen wrote:Never talk politics over the Christmas Dinner table or at a party

If you have to spend time in the company of people or a person who irritates you avoid alcohol.

If you feel you have stayed long enough - you probably have.

If you go out Christmas Eve don't drink so much that you can't eat your Christmas Dinner ....... the cook will not be impressed and it spoils the atmosphere on Christmas Day.

If your a driver remember that you can still be over the limit the day after.

If you have a roof box stick it in the back garden and put all of the beer in it ...... it keeps it lovely and cold and you can lock it.

If you need more fridge space and have a 3 way it will work in your house too as will a camping cooker and mini oven if required.

santa santa santa

More tips welcome








To the contrary, I find politics, religion and alcohol to be an ideal Christmas cocktail.
It is slightly more fiery than ginger punch though!
Any pest proof container is an ideal outdoor fridge.
All in all the best seasonal tip I've ever heard was the classic:
Don't eat yellow snow.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

cazz wrote:Good tips there, but a couple of questions. If you are Dandying and your 3 way fridge is full, can you take the house fridge for the overflow, or do we have to have a roof box, if so have you get a ladder, I can't reach my vehicle roof? lol!

Not sure your going to need a fridge Cazz it's snowing here today Christmas tips 1710857839
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

in
helen wrote:
cazz wrote:Good tips there, but a couple of questions. If you are Dandying and your 3 way fridge is full, can you take the house fridge for the overflow, or do we have to have a roof box, if so have you get a ladder, I can't reach my vehicle roof? lol!

Not sure your going to need a fridge Cazz it's snowing here today Christmas tips 1710857839

Snow!!! We've got bright sunshine here. albino
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:37 pm

We are in Oldham cazz and it's bloody freezing.
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

helen wrote:We are in Oldham cazz and it's bloody freezing.

It's frozen here also, just no snow, but 6 miles away have snow. We now have a beautiful sunset over the terrace houses and factories, lol.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

Dont know if you know Rippendon road Cazz (its a busy road) but this is it today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

After a night out in Manchester walked the last mile or so home from where the night bus gets closest to my home.
The roads were frozen solid but strangely no signs of the gritters having been out.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Posts : 1092
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 44
Location : Penshaw Tyne & Wear

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by vickoir on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

been lovely bright blue skies here today too no snow
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

helen wrote:Dont know if you know Rippendon road Cazz (its a busy road) but this is it today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know that road at all, but it looks very Christmasy. Here's the view from my bedroom window a short time ago. Again, that is a busy road during peak times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

OMG That's come out big, I will resize it when i'm on the netbook.

I thought I had mastered the pics from my phone issue, perhaps not. Rolling Eyes
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

It saves me wearing my glasses cazz lol!

The snowy road is probably better known as the one used to get to the M62 (highest motorway) it takes you across the moors to it.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

Kevin made me think of another tip ............ If camping in snow remember if you pee outside you will be found out. lol!


and yes any container will do but a roofbox holds so much cheers
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Posts : 5172
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 71
Location : north east lincs

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by mike on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:00 pm

helen wrote:Kevin made me think of another tip ............ If camping in snow remember if you pee outside you will be found out. lol!


and yes any container will do but a roofbox holds so much cheers

or if you write your name in the snow make sure its your handwriting in case your wife sees it,
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:01 pm

Christmas tips 3462454224 Christmas tips 3462454224 Christmas tips 3462454224
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:07 pm

helen wrote:Kevin made me think of another tip ............ If camping in snow remember if you pee outside you will be found out. lol!


and yes any container will do but a roofbox holds so much cheers

Surely a toilet would be better, but then again a roof box is bigger than a porta potti. Christmas tips 1208560806
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Yes but you need ladders Christmas tips 3498837457
Cazz
Cazz

Posts : 2052
Join date : 2011-07-14
Age : 44
Location : Staffordshire

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Cazz on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

helen wrote:Yes but you need ladders Christmas tips 3498837457

Christmas tips 3462454224 Christmas tips 3462454224 Christmas tips 3462454224 I have some very strange images in my mind now.

This trip is getting very tricky now. lol!
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

helen wrote:Kevin made me think of another tip ............ If camping in snow remember if you pee outside you will be found out. lol!


and yes any container will do but a roofbox holds so much cheers

To be pee-dantic: The act will be known, who did it unknown. I've never been artistic enough to sign!
I will remind all about the use of a fabric conditioner bottle, that I have quoted before.

and yes any container will do but a roofbox holds so much

Yes, but won't it smell terribly afterwards?
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

I didn't say use my roofbox Christmas tips 2170595768
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:52 pm

The best snowballs are made with Warninks Advocaat, Roses Lime Cordial and any old Lemonade. I know because I had a couple last night and they were lovely, I have tried other advocaat over the years and cheaper lime cordial but have been reminded just how nice they can taste What a Face
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Posts : 3184
Join date : 2011-06-20
Location : Leigh Gtr Manchester

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:14 pm

helen wrote:The best snowballs are made with Warninks Advocaat, Roses Lime Cordial and any old Lemonade. I know because I had a couple last night and they were lovely, I have tried other advocaat over the years and cheaper lime cordial but have been reminded just how nice they can taste What a Face

My sister's evil snowballs/kangaroos as above but with sherry, or sherry & brandy. Do try Helen.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Posts : 6837
Join date : 2011-06-12

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Helen on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:17 pm

Cheers Kevin, I will try one or three over Christmas. Christmas tips 2607158912

Sponsored content

Christmas tips Empty Re: Christmas tips

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue 04 Aug 2020, 9:18 pm