Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+34
Rose red
vnuala
tartanterror
emski74
sherman68
skids
MrsG
bgarston
Ben_Rach01
fenhel1
LancashireLass
leggy
fifiskis
ShaunJUK
Phoenix
jamiepsion
The Admiral
vessey44
Ali
slipstream
Kimmie
Endecay
Caz1960
Nick
naedoot
vickoir
Cazz
jase
Krist0n
Helen
Esermalda
Keith
Tow Itch
mike
38 posters

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Helen Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

Well done Jase, pleased you finally got one as you have been looking for a while now.

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 1428739134
    Cazz
    Cazz

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 Empty Re: New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked

Post by Cazz Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

jase wrote:i hit the buy it now button.lovely camper all work and regular services done at riva.dont think i'll be selling, upgrading from 20 odd years in a tent.

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 1428739134 As Helen says, you've been looking for a while now, we're looking forward to seeing pics of in use. New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 3498837457
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

well done jase New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 1428739134 New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 184121345
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:28 pm

found this one if anyone wants a project. Doesn't say it's a Dandy, but surely it is!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

dandy destiny £3,900 also on gumtree under folding camper 2006 version in Bristol area
    Found it now. She looks nice!!!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

k.zissler wrote:found this one if anyone wants a project. Doesn't say it's a Dandy, but surely it is!

Nice find Kriston New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 184121345 It is a 70's early 80's 6 with an awning by the look of things.
    jase
    jase

Post by jase Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

thanks, missed out on a couple by £200.thought it would fetch £1500 all day so went for it.pick her up saturday morning.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

Good for you, Jase. Let us know how it goes please. Very Happy
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Thu 05 Jan 2012, 3:54 am

What's anyones thoughts on that one on Gumtree? I've been told that it needs a good clean on the outside, but the inside is spotless.
    Let me know your thoughts please Dandy Divas' bounce
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 7:36 am

The patch over the wheel looks familiar, I think we may have had that one on here before and as we have only been going for 8 months it's not that long ago. If it is the same one there were a few question marks Shocked

When you have looked at that look at this thread too

Last edited by helen on Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

Well done Jase i love tents but dandys are better
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:54 am

Helen, I think the one k.zissler is looking at is described as a 2006 destiny from Bristol on preloved under folding camper and not the one which I refer to as the 5 D's.
    I would expect a 2006 dandy to be in virtual Mint condition. Riva has one on the site same year for (gulp)£6800
    essie
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:59 am

New 2012 Dandy trailer tent and camper for sale thread now locked - Page 2 3208163979 I will take a look on preloved but the other one is back again and was put there 9 days ago so will leave that one there.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

I cant find it on preloved i think its because ime just a basic member but i found it on gumtree,the only thing i would say is i doubt you would ever get an original awning or get one to fit easily,so it may be a day tent job.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:05 pm

Found it cheers

I think for a Destiny with en-suite the price is fair if the condition is good, pity its not got pictures of the actual unit.

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

Just re read the add,it quotes insulated top,does this mean the walls are not insulated i thought it was standard on these but could be wrong,dont lets get too carried away with the riva price comparison,riva are selling for a customer so his price is up on that account and also he is running a business so its up again and there is a acrylic awning also a reason for the price to be higher,not saying its a bad idea just stating its not such a different price to the riva price if all things are taken into consideration.
    My thoughts are the riva one would struggle to make £4000 sold privately even with the very sought after acrylic awning.

mike
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

I agree with you Mike, The seller says there is no awning so that would mean buying something else and extra expense.
    I wish I were more computer literate, or more honestly, wish I had more interest. The add for 'circa 50s dandy' says it has a sail cloth roof, what does that mean?
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

helen, the ad in gumtree is under riva destiny in bristol and there are some photos with this one
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

mike wrote:I cant find it on preloved i think its because ime just a basic member but i found it on gumtree,the only thing i would say is i doubt you would ever get an original awning or get one to fit easily,so it may be a day tent job.

mike

Were you looking under Dandys, Mike? It's in as a folding camper.
    Naughty person doesn't mention library photos on Gumtree.
    I'd risk a couple of quid that those are photos from Riva Leisure's unit at Wrightington.
    Used the link to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as it has more photos.
    Mike your comment about getting an awning. Have I missed something? I know it doesn't mention an awning but It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that they just forgot or didn't know. Does someone know for definite its not got one?

That couple of quid I was going to risk [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mike re last comment on insulation. You would have to check but I thought all dark blues were double skinned?

As for price it's Preloved / Gumtree not ebay I think they might expect an offer!

Covering all bases though mention should be made that it's generally agreed quality went down on late light blues and definitely dark blue Dandys. Can't comment personally never played with one.

If your not that strong and it's in budget this may be for you. The late Destinys have gas struts on the sides and on the beds.
    Saw Ian (Mr Riva) demonstrate an older high side Destiny he had just fitted struts to, absolutely gob smacked as to how easy it was to unfold the beds!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:04 pm

Yep the photo's are from the Riva site of one he has for sale.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Esermalda wrote:I agree with you Mike, The seller says there is no awning so that would mean buying something else and extra expense.
    I wish I were more computer literate, or more honestly, wish I had more interest. The add for 'circa 50s dandy' says it has a sail cloth roof, what does that mean?

Esermalda

Did I miss something in the add or have you spoken to the vendor?

"Sail Cloth" I would presume canvas but not nautical enough to say definitely. It looks like the PVC coated polyester that was on originally, But unsure about the longitudinal joint?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

If you look at the pictures it looks like a Dandy roof made of pvc with the foam insulation, you can see this in the pictures of the damage to the interior of the roof, easily sorted with either white duck tape or tenacious tape.

They just don't know what they are selling. But you could ask to be on the safe side.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

Sorry I'm confusing all of you, I put a question re the awning to the 2006 destiny and he answered just now saying there was no awning.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

k.zissler wrote:found this one if anyone wants a project. Doesn't say it's a Dandy, but surely it is!

Any body follow the image shack link in the description to more pictures,looks like a pvc roof and could be worth a go so long as the price stays low.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

A lot to be said for the space in a Destiny without an awning.
    An awful lot to be said for the ease of erecting one one with full gas struts.
    It would be an unusual buyer who wanted the space but would not want the option of an awning. Then again as it is en suite you don't need the awning for the loo.
    After the positives, not to forget though these are starting to get a bit of a weight to push.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:10 pm