Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham

Post by vickoir on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

hi all will be organizing a meet a little further north for those that are interested at Doe Park in august not sure of dates yet but will post it now to gauge interest
Doe park is in county Durham near Barnard Castle and is a lovely picturesque site which nick and I stay at often children, dogs and all types of camping most welcome and is run by a lovely farming family in quite a rural area with several village pubs ( in Cotherstone and Romaldkirk) in walking distance that are reasonably priced and do great food.
the site offers a choice of grass or hardstanding 10 amp hook up (see our review in site reviews or check out link below to site)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Helen on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : housekeeping)
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Re: Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham

Post by Helen on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

Helen & John please Laughing
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Re: Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham

Post by vickoir on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:22 pm

so far for doe park

nick and vicki
helen and john

i promise coming this far north wont hurt any of you lol! don't be scared feel free to add names here if interested
i know august seems an awfully long way off bit this is a very popular site all year and more than a couple of units would require an advance booking Smile
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:03 pm

vickoir wrote:so far for doe park

nick and vicki
helen and john

i promise coming this far north wont hurt any of you lol! don't be scared feel free to add names here if interested
i know august seems an awfully long way off bit this is a very popular site all year and more than a couple of units would require an advance booking Smile

Could be a very variable year for me so can't book.

Coming that far North wont hurt. It could be educational. Take them down the Bigg Market Saturday night!
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

These are the things you have to miss out on when you tow with a 1200 punto,just dare not attempt it, would love to its fantastic around there lovely coast and villages,we stayed the first night at sea houses,if i change for any thing 1400 or over i will add my name.

mike
selkie

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Doe Park

Post by selkie on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

We may come too please, pending on dates Very Happy

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:46 pm

Be nice if you can make it too Very Happy
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 7:40 pm

mike wrote:These are the things you have to miss out on when you tow with a 1200 punto,just dare not attempt it, would love to its fantastic around there lovely coast and villages,we stayed the first night at sea houses,if i change for any thing 1400 or over i will add my name.

mike

Mike
the site is about 100miles from Seahouses and 50miles from the coast.It's actually not too hilly,there are a few smallish hills but the site sits at the foot of Pennines so no long slogs up the side of mountains.
I don't know how much strain the hills would put on your car as i know your Dandy is a lot heavier than ours.
selkie

Post by selkie on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

It's only about 20 miles from where we live.If the dates fit in with our other camping plans we're there! Smile
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

cool nicks work dates are little bit up and down at mo so not sure of when exactly but probably looking at july aug time people if that fits Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:23 am

NickB wrote:
mike wrote:These are the things you have to miss out on when you tow with a 1200 punto,just dare not attempt it, would love to its fantastic around there lovely coast and villages,we stayed the first night at sea houses,if i change for any thing 1400 or over i will add my name.

mike

Mike
the site is about 100miles from Seahouses and 50miles from the coast.It's actually not too hilly,there are a few smallish hills but the site sits at the foot of Pennines so no long slogs up the side of mountains.
I don't know how much strain the hills would put on your car as i know your Dandy is a lot heavier than ours.

Need to look at it again maybe the last time we where at sea houses we came via a short stay in the north Yorkshire moors so probaly took the back way Very Happy but certainly on that rout we wouldn't get there in the punto affraid
selkie

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Doe park /August

Post by selkie on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

Hi fellow dandy campers, is there a date set for Doe park in August yet please?
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:48 pm

selkie wrote:Hi fellow dandy campers, is there a date set for Doe park in August yet please?

not as yet selkie but hope to have something concrete in next few weeks
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

Brilliant Vicki, looking forward to that one too cheers
selkie

Post by selkie on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:17 pm

Thanks Vicki, brilliant, hoping to make this one pending work:-)
clydestyle

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty doe park

Post by clydestyle on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

Hi,
May be interested if early in the Month.
And it will be a drive South for me!!

Mikey
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Wed 02 May 2012, 9:45 pm

right looking like going to be the weekend 18th aug for doe park if anyone interested
abc5575

Post by abc5575 on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:24 pm

We would love to go, as it is only about 20 miles from us.
Only ever seen 1 other Dandy, and that was along time ago. cheers
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

so now that our first birthday is out over i will start planning the doe park weekend,
i will ring doe park and book a few pitches for weekend 18th aug could you please add names if interested so i know how many to get,
thanks
vicki

vicki and nick
abc5575

Post by abc5575 on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

Hi Vicky, we would like to ho with desmond designer, do you need our names, and will it be ok for us to take our dog Willow? Thanks. abc
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

ok so far we have
vicki and nick possibly our dog jackson
mr and mrs abc and dog willow
selkie

Doe Park NR. Barnard Castle Co. Durham Empty Doe park Nr Barnard Castle Co. Durham

Post by selkie on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

Sorry we won't be able to make it we're at a festival the following Thursday:(
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 10:43 pm

sorry can't make it will be at an all night fishing weekend for the disabled and Dezdemona doing her bit as I am catering for the hoard will send photo's
MrsG
MrsG

Post by MrsG on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:17 am

Would have loved it, but its a bit too far for Ben & I Smile
bgarston
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

MrsG wrote:Would have loved it, but its a bit too far for Ben & I Smile
.......just for the weekend anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2019, 10:25 pm