Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

KristOns New Dandy Destiny

selkie

KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 Empty Kristons new Dandy

Post by selkie on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Hi Kriston have you thought of contacting the place/people you purchased it from. They maybe able to shed some light on on it to help you solve the problem..

Krist0n
Krist0n

KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 Empty Re: KristOns New Dandy Destiny

Post by Krist0n on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

School boy error....Can't find that peice of paper with his phone number on Rolling Eyes

Scratch the above. I have found it on his ad on preloved. He had deleted the Gumtree ad, but not the Preloved ad. I've phoned him, and left a message on machine. Fingers crossed
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:57 pm

I don't know how much joy you will get from the seller but here is the link, you could try to contact him through this and see if he can shed some light. I will send you the phone number of the seller by PM.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just seen you have now found it too Laughing
selkie

KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 Empty Kristons New Dandy

Post by selkie on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Phew...you found the number, it's worth a try, indeed, fingers crossed
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

lol Helen. Thank you for finding it.
Here are some photo's of my new true love Embarassed

The last few pics, you can see how the roof overlap strings go over the windows.

Last edited by Krist0n on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

Here are the pics with the drips!!! The opposite wall is the same, so I didn't take pics of that.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

It's lovely Kriston, thank you for the photo's. I love the shape of the trailer body, I have been in one and although the interior and layout was the same it was the old body shape ............. that's sleek KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 184121345 and very very clean KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 1710857839 KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 1710857839 KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 1710857839

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:36 pm

I hope you can find how the water is getting in soon, check the whole of the metal rail because the fault is probably not directly above the damp but running along to the hinges.
selkie

KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 Empty Kristons New Dandy Destiny

Post by selkie on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 4:40 pm

Ah it's lovely Kriston...makes mine look ancient,mmm ours is ancient...but Loved Very Happy
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

nice looking unit there

hope you can find out where the leak is soon
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

nice looking unit,i would assume it easy enough to find the leak and not a reason for concern.The advantage of the Dandy is its structure being all steel frame,unlike a Caravan where a leak is a serious issue and usually difficult to fix.
Have you used a hose on the Dandy while someone sits inside prodding about to see leak?
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:42 pm

looking at the pics i can see what looks like the back of the lifting strut poking through the wall above where the water stain is,i wonder if water ingress could be coming in through there running behind wall board and soaking base of seat.With the transit cover on in storage its quite likely the base of the strut will still be exposed to the elements all the time?
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

The water is definately coming from hinge height. I can see it trickling down in heavy rain. The question is, Where does it START to come in from the outside.

I havn't had chance to try the hose yet, as it hasn't stopped raining for long enough lol. May have to move to a warmer, dryer country for the Dandys' sake. Laughing Very Happy
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Ok. I've been outside nearly all day trying to narrow it down. It isn't coming in at the fold. I have a feeling it's coming in around or on top of the window, and it's actually got inside the body, in between the inside wall and the pvc somewhere. Not good!!!! Just need to figure out now where it's actually coming in.

Spoke to the seller today, and he doesn't know about a leak!! He is sending me all the paperwork he couldn't find though, including the erection instructions, so big bonus there.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

really hope you sort this out kriston, doesn't sound at all good
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

I've managed to partially get behind the panel under the window. I can see that the pvc is wet all the way to the edge of the wall, and as far as I can see towards the door, but I can't see very far that way, only about 6 inches. I need to start getting ready for work now, so will have to leave it.

I have put 2 large bags of silica gel inside the wall, and left the panel slightly off, and the heating on. Hopefully will manage to draw a lot of it out. Then maybe tomorrow I will make it rain and see where is getting wet first. Blinkin nightmare!!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

Totally different model but on ours it was getting in above the door and going around the metal edging then running along to the hinges and getting inside, we couldn't find it at first because it ran around the edge so wasn't really visible. At first we thought it was getting in along the joint. We fitted a gutter over the door as it only happened in very heavy rain going in a certain direction, this solved the problem
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:17 pm

What model is yours Helen? And where abouts was is showing up inside? I think we may have a very similar problem. Above our windows and doors, there is already a metal guttering, but I'm wondering if it's geting BEHIND that, and then into a rivet hole or something.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Ours is a designer Kriston, it was getting in at the door frame and running along the edge that buts up against the frame then along the fold in the door and came out inside the door on the bottom section. Ours was a lot easier to deal with as we don't have a pvc outer wall and solid inner wall.......... I honestly think you would be better off taking it to Ian at wigan.

You can even tell him the problem now you have found it so it wont take him long to deal with it.
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

Money is the issue though. We completely blew our budget buying this, so all repairs are going to have to be dealt with at home Sad

I may need to learn how to use a rivet gun, and purchase one though, but it will be cheaper than Riva.

Does anyone have any experience with rivet guns???
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:39 pm

Rivet guns are easy to use and fairly cheap, you drill the top of the old rivets to get them out and put new ones in. Clear silicone sealant is probably the answer. If your a bit handy you will find it easy enough.

If your sure that its getting in above the windows and door perhaps you could remove the guttering put sealant on the area and refit the guttering while the sealant is soft to get a good seal and stop any water getting behind it.

If you need a hand give us a shout we are not that far away.
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:55 pm

That's very kind of you to offer Helen, thank you. I will try and sort it first before asking you to come all the way to Sandbach. If I get stuck, and in a mess, then I'll shout, but I reckon I can sort it with help on here if anything.
Thanks again KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 115684958
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 2170595768 You've done the hardest bit and found where the problem is KristOns New Dandy Destiny - Page 3 1710857839
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:21 am

Krist0n wrote:Money is the issue though. We completely blew our budget buying this, so all repairs are going to have to be dealt with at home Sad

I may need to learn how to use a rivet gun, and purchase one though, but it will be cheaper than Riva.

Does anyone have any experience with rivet guns???

Krist0n have added these videos hope they help with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you are drilling out near the pvc use good sharp drill bits and dont apply too much pressure as you dont want the bit snapping and slipping onto the pvc,dont feel too despondent and let it take the edge of your new toy you will sort it and the memory will fade away as you start to use the dandy.

mike
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:25 am

That's great Mike, Thankyou.

It's not getting me down too much to be honest. At least thos makes it even more "my own". If you know what I mean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 08 Aug 2020, 1:48 am