Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Silicone spray

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Silicone spray Empty Silicone spray

Post by mike on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

Up to now i have stuck with the mr sheen for coating the inside and outside pvc , old dogs new tricks spring to mind,as i have never tried it would the stuff on the link below be correct,also do you do the entire dandy pvc with it inside and out and do you give it a buff with a cloth after.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Krist0n
Krist0n

Silicone spray Empty Re: Silicone spray

Post by Krist0n on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:39 pm

If this is the right stuff, can it also be used, or have you ever tried using it on the curtain wires to make drawing them easier.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 12:43 pm

Krist0n wrote:If this is the right stuff, can it also be used, or have you ever tried using it on the curtain wires to make drawing them easier.

Never tried it on the curtain wires they are only short on the 6 and in the awning i use dowelling
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 3:12 pm

I've used it on my awning zips and they are so easy to use now Silicone spray 2792229418 A top tip from Vicki

Not actually used it on my roof yet as it had been Mr sheened before we found the problem with the awning zips being difficult to open but I did spray it on the hoop bars and wiped with a cloth. This years spring clean will see me doing the same thing as it seems to help the roof slide and Mr sheen is far cheaper to do the whole inside of the Dandy roof. We also sprayed the tow ball with silicone spray.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 4:52 pm

Helen wrote:I've used it on my awning zips and they are so easy to use now Silicone spray 2792229418 A top tip from Vicki

Not actually used it on my roof yet as it had been Mr sheened before we found the problem with the awning zips being difficult to open but I did spray it on the hoop bars and wiped with a cloth. This years spring clean will see me doing the same thing as it seems to help the roof slide and Mr sheen is far cheaper to do the whole inside of the Dandy roof. We also sprayed the tow ball with silicone spray.

Cazz did my zips at Christmas Very Happy the little devil did kevins also affraid
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

Since I was told the silicone spray tip, I have sprayed many zips, roof and bars, a folding table sliding mechanism, a sticking carberetta butterfly. Shocked

It's as useful as WD40. cheers
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:41 am

I've just bought some silly cone spray Razz off ebay for £3.49 + £1 postage. 400ml.

I'll let you know if it's any good.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

£2.47 Toolstation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content