Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Fancy trying a VW

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Fancy trying a VW Empty Fancy trying a VW

Post by mike on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Not cheap

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Fancy trying a VW Empty Re: Fancy trying a VW

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 4:26 pm

You weren't joking when you said NOT CHEAP, stick your petrol costs on top and your sight fees affraid
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:15 pm

There are many companies where you can hire VW campers, I think there is a company in nearly every part of the country.

Helen, you can borrow ours for for a short trial if you bring your 3D TV for us to borrow. The problem is, you will need a van to bring it. lol!
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

Thanks Cazz, so nice of you lol!

I think I would rather put my pennies towards something of our own rather than hire Smile
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

We thought the same about the hire, but now we've got one, we can only afford cheap sites. lol!
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:19 pm

Cazz what VW have you got?
Krist0n
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:31 am

woah!!! I presume those prices include site fees, petrol, food for the week including fillets steaks, salmon and caviar, all you can drink in champers..........
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 11:37 am

Oh yes all of that & they even drive it there for you Laughing

It will be the insurance costs that bump the hire rate up so much...Its a good idea if you want to try before you buy one yourself to make sure it works for you

Mike theres a place out your neck of the woods that renovates & rents them out aswell

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

vessey44 wrote:Cazz what VW have you got?

We've got a 1986 1.6TD Westfalia Mulivan with an after market roof on, the Westy poptop was way to cold for me. Shocked

It had a respray, new window rubbers, smoked lenses, stainless exhaust from Brickwerks at the beginning of last year.

What is yours? And have you, I guess if you are like us you will have hundreds, lol, pics of yours?
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

I have a 1984 T25 Devon

Originally a 1.9DG but currently converting her to a 1.9TDi Golf Engine with a 5speed box

Will be changing colour this year hopefully bottom half original timor beige & the top half inc. roof ibis white

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have sqaure headlights to fit along with plenty of other goodies...It will be 40-50mm lower on H&R Springs over Bilstein shocks ready for these

I have to be careful what i tell you about the campers presents as Vicky might tell emma & she's on a need to know basis when it comes to £££'s Laughing
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

She's fab, are you going to post pics of her progress just to annoy Mike? :Lol!:

1.9td, that's on our list, hopefully our current lump can hold on for a few more years. Who's doing your conversion?

I don't know much about lowering these or the tyres then needed, but I do know they still need to be van rated due to the weight of the vehicle. Are yours?

I guess you know about brickyard and club 80-90?

I won't mention the cost of things, Fancy trying a VW 2829330259 but at least there isn't any depreciation, what other vehicle can you buy then insure it for more than the purchase price 6 years earlier? Shocked
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:06 pm

Im doing the 1.9TDi conversion myself

Currently got the engine locked up ready to change cambelt tomorrow evening & getting the 1.9's flywheel shaved at the machine shop a bit to clear the starter motors nose

Also got power steering to fit as i was lucky enough to pick up a good used p/s rack (RHD & Rare as hens teeth as you know)

Just kampers insurance valuation was £2000 more than i paid for it last year

Im a member on the Brick-yard & 80's 90's forums aswell...
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

Wish I had the skills to do our engine when needed. Power steering, square headlights, are you secretly hankering after a late one? Laughing Are you after a SA wrap around lower grill as well, Cool

Ours has golf crystal clear headlights from ebay for £40 ish, fitted myself, Shocked they were half the price of proper ones. One of our original lights got chipped on the motorway a few years ago, it would have looked rubbish with the new paint job. I repaired the hole with silicone, it's still water tight to this day. pirat
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

Quote from cazz

She's fab, are you going to post pics of her progress just to annoy Mike? :Lol!:

Better keep a close eye on those bed knobs the next time we meet little miss poo stirrer lol!
Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

mike wrote:Quote from cazz

Better keep a close eye on those bed knobs the next time we meet little miss poo stirrer lol!

affraid lol!
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:45 pm

vessey44 wrote:I have a 1984 T25 Devon

I have to be careful what i tell you about the campers presents as Vicky might tell emma & she's on a need to know basis when it comes to £££'s Laughing

lol matt you never know i just might, but if shes anything like me i'm sure she can be placated with something that is asequally expensive and shiney Fancy trying a VW 3462454224 Fancy trying a VW 3462454224
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

The new UPVC at the front of the house seems to be keeping her quiet at the minute
vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:01 pm

cazz wrote:Wish I had the skills to do our engine when needed. Power steering, square headlights, are you secretly hankering after a late one? Laughing Are you after a SA wrap around lower grill as well, Cool

Ill help you do your engine conversion when the time comes Smile ...The conversions the easy part,its trawling Ebay & Ebay.de for the genuine parts to make the conversion look factory

The power steering is for emma's benefit so she can get away with the kids if im working one weekend...

I will be looking for a SA lower grill aswell at some point

I thought Mike loved VW's Laughing

Cazz
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

That's very kind of you, thank you. Will I have an easier journey as i've already got a 1.6td? scratch

I look at my steering as a upper body work out, lol. You did do well to find rhd power steering. cheers

The next project is to find rust free quarter light bars. Fancy trying a VW 3462454224 lucky I don't need any. But I do need a window winding mechanism for the off side, ours has broke. Crying or Very sad
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

I talked about buying one but decided against it as it wasnt practical

however when I saw the new ones I thought - nice lottery win would be good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:29 pm

You will have a much easier journey as your wiring is already in place

Naedoot dont do it to yourself with a Danbury Neutral They are not proper VW's..You'd be better spending your money on a California

Modern,Relaible & Built by VW in a VW Factory
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:08 pm

vessey44 wrote:
cazz wrote:Wish I had the skills to do our engine when needed. Power steering, square headlights, are you secretly hankering after a late one? Laughing Are you after a SA wrap around lower grill as well, Cool

Ill help you do your engine conversion when the time comes Smile ...The conversions the easy part,its trawling Ebay & Ebay.de for the genuine parts to make the conversion look factory

The power steering is for emma's benefit so she can get away with the kids if im working one weekend...

I will be looking for a SA lower grill aswell at some point

I thought Mike loved VW's Laughing

bagsy you first matt to sort the skoda out lol!
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

vessey44 wrote:You will have a much easier journey as your wiring is already in place

Naedoot dont do it to yourself with a Danbury Neutral They are not proper VW's..You'd be better spending your money on a California

Modern,Relaible & Built by VW in a VW Factory

Its a pipe dream - my lottery fund would be spent on one of each of the new Nortons, a nice wee ducati and a vincent black shadow first.

What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 30 Mar 2020, 6:19 pm