Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What are you listening to just now - Music

naedoot
naedoot

What are you listening to just now - Music  Empty What are you listening to just now - Music

Post by naedoot on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

Just thought I would try this on for size.

What are you listening to just now or recently music wise?

I am wearing my speakers out at the moment with The Black Keys - El Camino album
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

What are you listening to just now - Music  Empty Re: What are you listening to just now - Music

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

I listened to Adele today, someone got me her album for my birthday.
naedoot
naedoot

What are you listening to just now - Music  Empty Re: What are you listening to just now - Music

Post by naedoot on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

good voice on her
not my normal type of music but will happily listen to her
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

I enjoy a wide range of music, from Whitesnake to placido domingo ........... and lots of stuff in between the two extremes Laughing
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

quite into chase and status at mo and pendulum but off too see snow patrol next week end Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:09 am

Ime old so its Whitny Houston and the likes Very Happy
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

mike wrote:Ime old so its Whitny Houston and the likes Very Happy

I remember Whitney Houston but never got round to listening to The Likes. Please post something by them.

I'm sadly stuck into things of my youth but strangely a lot of it is things that I never heard at the time.
Find searching for things on You Tube brings up links to things I never knew.
I sense this thread is a new opportunity to inflict my musical tastes on others.

For light relief I went watching Half Man Half Biscuit the Saturday before Christmas. The Saw Doctors were on the same night at The Apollo, time was I'd have gone to see them but they got a new drummer about 3 years ago and now everything is played at the same tempo. I was embarrassed that I'd taken someone with me to watch them.
Half Man Half Biscuit you will either remember them or be totally bemused.
"If You Ever Wondered How You Get Triangles From A Cow You Need Butter Milk And Cheese And An Equilateral Chainsaw"

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:16 am

Asia Heat of the Moment

Only time will tell

Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:23 am

well, don't i feel very dull listening to Radio 4 lol
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:29 am

Told you I had odd taste in music Embarassed This was the only video with music loud enough to really listen to.

naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Tow Itch

half man half b1scuit - havent listened to them for a while.

Kings of Leon and The Baseballs

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:38 am

like kol too nick and have seen them live a few times they were good
and kasabian too oh and the sterophonics and shed seven too many really nick spend a full weekend loading all our cd's onto the playstation so everything there at the touch of a button Very Happy
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:46 pm

Quote from kevin

I remember Whitney Houston but never got round to listening to The Likes. Please post something by them.

Bet you thought you had me on that one lol! well i thought you did but good old google again cheers cheers cheers

Now ive heard them affraid i may cross them off my list lol!
naedoot
naedoot

Post by naedoot on Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

Emelda May

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:20 am

Will you still love me tomorrow apparently Pete Waterman's favourite song.

Helen you have indicated an interest in Asia before,

Here is an early offering from Asia's guitarist Steve Howe see if it wurms its way into your mind and you then recognise where else you heard it?

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

I will keep listening to it but at the moment it's not ringing any bells.

John sat here listening without knowing who it was and said it sounds like Peter Noone from Hermans Hermits Very Happy
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:15 pm

Helen wrote:I will keep listening to it but at the moment it's not ringing any bells.

John sat here listening without knowing who it was and said it sounds like Peter Noone from Hermans Hermits Very Happy

Ah the singist. I must look up my old vinyl copy of "The Bodast Tapes" I thought it was Keith West singing. All the online stuff says that he produced the album and the vocals were Clive Skinner and Dave Curtis.
Still as I've mentioned Keith West:

The line "See If It Wurms It's Way Into Your Mind" might have given the game away.

Wurm being the title given to the piece when he stuck it into the middle of Starship Trooper.

Approx 5.40 to 8.25

Sorry for not using one of the more animated clips with yes playing live but not too taken with either of the versions.

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Just beautiful. x
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:32 pm

This song had a lot of meaning for at the time us young blokes

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:24 am

Having sent yet another email to an advertiser we're dubious about.

Music not as good but graphics by Banksy

Not all bands go to seed, well not completely to seed, one or two pearls still emerge. Hope your listening with good quality audio.

Lucky enough to see these in 2009

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

Helen wrote:Told you I had odd taste in music Embarassed This was the only video with music loud enough to really listen to.

Maureen and i went to see charlie landsborough at newark, hes very good live. Smile
Nick
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:10 pm

vessey44
vessey44

Post by vessey44 on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

Listening to the Mighty Quo "pictures of matchstick men" & also Kasabians cover version
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197 What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197 What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197 ME IT IS MEATLOAF BAT OUT OF HELL AT FULL BLAST What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197 What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197 What are you listening to just now - Music  2702329197
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 26 Feb 2012, 9:06 am

Meatloaf is one of my favourites saw him live in Manchester ......... I screech my way through several of his songs regularly usually intoxicated at the time Embarassed

My Favourite song of all time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 11 Aug 2020, 1:45 pm