Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Any one use a sound bar

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Any one use a sound bar Empty Any one use a sound bar

Post by mike on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:23 pm

I have a 5.1 wired sound system but its a bit old and ime fed up with wires every where, any body tried something like this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Any one use a sound bar Empty Re: Any one use a sound bar

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:14 pm

Years ago I was in Empire electricals it must be at least 6 years ago and could be at least 8. Don't know how long Plasma TV had been out but they had 60" + plus models then with prices to match.
They had several sound systems including Bose systems. I clearly remember walking away from the display to look for the fire engines going past the shop.
Yes it was part of the Bose display. I was completely taken in though and well impressed.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

We looked at the Bose systems as our neighbour has it and it is fantastic, what got me though is the wireless system for some reason had wires, when I questioned if it did have wires on the wireless system the reply was YES scratch

So it was a wireless system with wires and all for just under £500 ... the whole point for us was NO wires affraid

My son has a soundbar and it is excellent probably less than half the price of Bose system but I don't know the name of it. I will ask him and let you know. It looks really smart too.

We have a cheap and cheerful surround sound set up and in a small room it's good enough.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

i just bought a blu ray with surround sound cinema system that was on offer in tesco (less than half price)

i'll let you know what it sounds like when i set it up Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:33 pm

Helen wrote:We looked at the Bose systems as our neighbour has it and it is fantastic, what got me though is the wireless system for some reason had wires, when I questioned if it did have wires on the wireless system the reply was YES scratch

So it was a wireless system with wires and all for just under £500 ... the whole point for us was NO wires affraid

My son has a soundbar and it is excellent probably less than half the price of Bose system but I don't know the name of it. I will ask him and let you know. It looks really smart too.

We have a cheap and cheerful surround sound set up and in a small room it's good enough.

I dont mind a short connection from the bar to the tv its the wires all round the room ime fed up with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 Apr 2020, 5:40 am