Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Eilis
mike
6 posters

Dandy folding camper utility tent

Cazz
    Cazz

Dandy folding camper utility tent - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy folding camper utility tent

Post by Cazz Mon 15 Aug 2011, 8:01 pm

jenstar wrote:Hi everyone, what do you think of this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you think it would be any quicker to put up than the awning? It is quite large but has double doors? Dandy folding camper utility tent - Page 2 115684958

We've put our Dandy awning up just the once, it was really easy to do, we were really impressed with it. The roof is separate to the sides, whether this made it easier I'm not sure. I would even say it was easier than any of our campervan awning we've tried over the years.

The biggest down side was the weight, but at least it didn't flap in the wind, also it had the advantage of not having to the dry it out at home. Our big campervan awning can be a pain to dry, but at least out little toilet tent and be hung up the stairs. Laughing
    jenstar
    jenstar

Dandy folding camper utility tent - Page 2 Empty Re: Dandy folding camper utility tent

Post by jenstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

Hummmm....maybe I should try the awning first then and see how we get on. I think what is putting me off is all the others I have put up over the years!!!! The one that came with our trigano folding camper as HUGE!!! It took ages to put up, same with the full awning for our old folding van, we ended up with a porch awning for that and never used the full awning. I must say the Dandy awning looks small compared to the others and quite light to move in the bag.....so maybe it wont be as bad as I think? I might add my 2 lads have Autism and so we cant hang about getting set up. We camp against the odds really but always have, we just have to work round things a bit, thats why I need the easy option with the awning/toilet/utility tent thingy!!! lol
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 15 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

jen,
    not sure of your circumstances but
    is your awning the zip out type or is it all in one, the zip out side type is definately quicker nick and i have had both these, what you said about your your boys may be problematic for you but i would say the good thing about the dandy is once the camper is up perhaps you could give them something to occupy them in the dandy whilst you then errect the awning perhaps? Question
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm

Not had a good look at the awning yet Vicki, will get it out on drive tomorrow and see. The lads are 14 and 18 the main problem with them is anxiety, if they are both having a good day its not such a problem taking our time setting up but if not I need a quick option. The awning poles have been coded, so thats a help...I have in the past if its not windy been known to put awnings up on the drive to test them out with Ma and Pa hanging on to poles for me!! lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:32 pm

I think having a practise is a great idea, our poles were colour coded - but they all looked the same, when we put it up, we soon realised the angles of the end bits on the ends are all slightly different.

If you want to try a pig awkward awning, try our 1970's Combi Camp one, that lived in the cupboard for nearly 2 years. Evil or Very Mad

Where in the West Midlands are you?
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm

Ha ha.....awnings!!!!!! we are in Solihull. Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 15 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

That's not far from me, I'm in Burton - on - Trent. Very Happy
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

on a desginer you have a long apex pole and a shorter apex pole long one to bed wing short one to sofa side there is only a couple of inches difference stand them side by side and you will see difference x
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

With mine i used the LL to remember when sanding in front the long goes to the left
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

Jen i will have a go at explaining a way which dandy recommend to erect the awning

First erect the frame and drop it to half height at the front,next lay the awning out minus the front panel so the walls are laid out as well,inside down,then from the back roll the roof and walls into a carpet roll shape,you then have a long roll of awning that two people can put on the frame,you can locate the awning veranda pole ends into the pockets and with some spring clamps clamp them to the pole ends so they dont slip out,at this point its up to you if you push the frame back to full height but yo just roll the awning back towards the dandy.

mike
    jenstar
    jenstar

Post by jenstar Tue 16 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Thanks everyone for all your help!!! I shall take it all onboard and wait for a day I feel like it, use all your info and put it up on drive to see how I get on with it. Will keep you posted, thanks again for all your kind help! Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 14 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

Argos have an offer on the first one in this thread.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 6:55 am