Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Cazz
Helen
6 posters

Sad what people throw away.

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Sad what people throw away. Empty Sad what people throw away.

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

My son visited the local tip this morning only to find a pale blue and white designer had been tipped. affraid he said two legs were broken and the bottom of the door was damaged but even the spare was in place. Of course he asked what would happen to it Laughing one of the workers has claimed it and wants to bring it back to life so Daryl gave him our forum address for when he starts the work ........ just in case he needs any help.

I just can't believe the things some people tip Evil or Very Mad
    Cazz
    Cazz

Sad what people throw away. Empty Re: Sad what people throw away.

Post by Cazz Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm

It is shocking what people throw away, some people have more money than sence. Lets hope the it is brought back to life. I wonder if it had an accessories inside?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

No idea Cazz, it was folded with Dandy cover on the top, Daryl said it looked like just the bottom of the door was damaged and the legs. I can't see why someone would remove the interior and then throw it away but then again I can't understand anyone throwing a Dandy away at all, it would have been better had the person given it away.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

It would have. I agree, why would they remove plates and things then throw it away, I bet it's all equipped for camping, once it's repaired. It might even have an awning in it. Shocked

Wouldn't it be good if the they did join here and keep us posted. Cool

Have you got more rubbish to take away so you can ask? lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

I would love to know the outcome too Cazz so let's live in hope he joins for a bit of advice. Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:09 pm

Helen wrote:I would love to know the outcome too Cazz so let's live in hope he joins for a bit of advice. Very Happy

We are both nosy, sorry, interested aren't we. lol!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

Sort out the bin and down the tip you go.

Either make sure he signs up or bully him into passing on the Designer.

Go to it Helen.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

We may go ourselves just to take a peek and see if it's still there, they will not allow the public to take anything from the tip even if you offer to pay for it. I hope the worker who is having it does join though and doesn't turn it into just a trailer affraid that's a dandy with a story behind it now.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:05 pm

well i can see it now all on this forum loitering around the council tips just in case I will hang around before they go in just to be sure lol! I hope they join as think its killing us what's inside ooh killing needed a woman's touch( interrogation ) so now Helen empty your house out to the tip lol! lol! lol! lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

Helen wrote:We may go ourselves just to take a peek and see if it's still there, they will not allow the public to take anything from the tip even if you offer to pay for it. I hope the worker who is having it does join though and doesn't turn it into just a trailer affraid that's a dandy with a story behind it now.

Why does a council worker have rights we dont,do they not realise they and the council work for us we pay there wages and as the employers anything left at our tip belongs to us.it realy annoys me the attitude of councils. Sad what people throw away. 9639063
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:16 pm

It really annoys me too, my dad once asked could he take something and the answer was no your not allowed to mate.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

our council men are pretty good and depending who's on i got breeze blocks free he let me climb in the container and helped me , another one lets me buy for a few squid but there is a jobs worth but im not sure if a dandy came in weather they know what it is if they did it would go to them wah affraid
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 20 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

mike wrote:
    Helen wrote:We may go ourselves just to take a peek and see if it's still there, they will not allow the public to take anything from the tip even if you offer to pay for it. I hope the worker who is having it does join though and doesn't turn it into just a trailer affraid that's a dandy with a story behind it now.

Why does a council worker have rights we dont,do they not realise they and the council work for us we pay there wages and as the employers anything left at our tip belongs to us.it realy annoys me the attitude of councils. Sad what people throw away. 9639063

Are your tip staff council workers?
    Ours haven't been council workers for a few years.
    One of my mates used to pop in every time he passed as he would always pick up gas cylinders, a good number are disposed of half full of gas and more.
    Private contractors and too much cctv. It's a recycling centre but lord preserve that someone could actually use an item as it is, it will have to be reprocessed first.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

Ours all seem to have gone a bit upmarket compared to how they used to be ...... staff point you in the right direction and keep a close eye to make sure your putting the right stuff in the right place, I know we can't take the stuff as I said my dad once asked for something and was told no even though he offered to pay for it and there is lots of stuff that could be re-used, we once asked for a small gas bottle as there was a cage full of them and were also told NO. On the other hand they do sell bags of compost that they have produced from food & plant waste so I don't really understand why they will not allow you to buy anything else there.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:27 pm

with regard to gas bottles they are probably frightened that if it was dodgy and exploded they would be held liable so can't give them out until they have been thoroughly checked

having said that i'm sure there is other stuff that could be given out to people.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 21 Feb 2012, 5:03 pm

wow we are behind thank god as ours are still council run Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 4:54 pm