Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Caz1960
Eilis
vickoir
mike
Kimmie
9 posters

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!!

Kimmie
    Kimmie

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! Empty Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!!

Post by Kimmie Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

I have a acquired a Brown Dandy 4 for the princely sum of......wait for it.....£40!!!!!!!
    Put it up n it seems fine. Just needs a very good clean, a cooker/sink, new jockey wheel, and sorting out the spongy bit of the floor!!!

Can't believe my luck tbh.
    cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! Empty Re: Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!!

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:08 pm

Kimmie wrote:I have a acquired a Brown Dandy 4 for the princely sum of......wait for it.....£40!!!!!!!
    Put it up n it seems fine. Just needs a very good clean, a cooker/sink, new jockey wheel, and sorting out the spongy bit of the floor!!!

cheers

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 1428739134 ime sure no one will hate you for having such good luck lol! we will need pictures and even more details when you get chance
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! Empty Re: Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!!

Post by mike Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:58 pm

Kimmie wrote:I have a acquired a Brown Dandy 4 for the princely sum of......wait for it.....£40!!!!!!!

cheers

The penny has just dropped as they say so many questions has PVC got into the blood then,do you still have the caravan,if so are you keeping both,and last but not least have you got your back sorted.

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:59 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 3517506835 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2197500976 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 3517506835

well done kimmie thats excellent cant wait to see it
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sat 03 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

My back seems ok at the mo thanks, but then it's only the 4 so nowhere near as heavy as the six!
    Yep keeping the caravan too for moments of complete idleness....or when the back hurts!
    And keeping the Dutch tent too, cos it's one Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 1912976309 of the best made tents I've ever seen!
    Sorry gotta go....scrubbing to do!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 1428739134

that's an amazing bargain!!

well done Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 184121345
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:18 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090 ( meaning the woman ) what a bargain Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090 Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2161515090
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:21 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 1217042266 Back to Dandy Land Kimmie Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2792229418

That's the best bargain ever and it will be far easier on your back than the 6 was.

Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2702329197
    Just tried the leccy hookup and that works.
    Got a heater going in there now drying it out.
    Soooooooo chuffed with it!
    Been looking everywhere for a cheapie to do up, so it pays to be obsessively looking!
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:26 pm

Of course you know what this means Helen........I'll have to pop along to a rally n show it off!!
    I need to see some piccies now for some inspiration! I've never had one with the roll down blinds on the windows next to the door
    Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 496639318
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

I'm so pleased you've got another Dandy and one you can play with a bit. Very Happy

Really looking forward to finally meeting you. I like the roll down window blinds, we have them too Very Happy
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:42 pm

Aww thanks Helen !
    I've been so busy this last year with my new job I haven't had proper chance to look for another. Must be obsessed by the PVC smell!
    This one was on eBay for about 5 mins before I hit the buy it now. Wasn't completely sure that it was a dandy, but I figured for that price I could take the chance.
    I've been and got some ikea material so watch this space. I'll do a before n after. When I work out how to loads pics!!!
    Thanks all soo much for your lovely re-welcomes flower
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

Looking forward to seeing the before and after pics. Very Happy I like to see what everyone doe's with their Dandy Very Happy
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

Update What a Face
    Spent the morning scrubbing the inside. Which, as my daughter would say was "minging"!!
    Loads of mould, cobwebs and damp bits. All the mould came off with bathroom cleaner and cif.
    The bottom of the door, the end panels next to the floor and most of the interior ply needs replacing as most of it
    Has delaminated and rotten. Just happen to have some 18mm marine ply in the shed. Convenient that!
    I want to get it somewhere near useable (tho nowhere near finished ) by next weekend as its my birthday on Saturday
    And would like to give it an outing!
    Someone had also taken out the door window and put hinges on it at the top so it opens outwards.....
    Except that it doesn't shut properly and rain pours in. Hence the wet soggy bits! Evil or Very Mad
    No more time today. In fact no more time til thurs pm.
    Work keeps getting in the way of my life!!!! affraid
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 04 Mar 2012, 3:54 pm

Kimmie wrote:Update What a Face
    Spent the morning scrubbing the inside. Which, as my daughter would say was "minging"!!
    Loads of mould, cobwebs and damp bits. All the mould came off with bathroom cleaner and cif.
    The bottom of the door, the end panels next to the floor and most of the interior ply needs replacing as most of it
    Has delaminated and rotten. Just happen to have some 18mm marine ply in the shed. Convenient that!
    I want to get it somewhere near useable (tho nowhere near finished ) by next weekend as its my birthday on Saturday
    And would like to give it an outing!
    Someone had also taken out the door window and put hinges on it at the top so it opens outwards.....
    Except that it doesn't shut properly and rain pours in. Hence the wet soggy bits! Evil or Very Mad
    No more time today. In fact no more time til thurs pm.
    Work keeps getting in the way of my life!!!! affraid

well done again kimmie
    nothing like a project to keep you going i'm excited for you lol!
    its just a damn shame work gets in the way of most of my plans too!!
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 04 Mar 2012, 4:11 pm

Would this be the beat in all its glory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:37 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Would this be the beat in all its glory.

Embarassed
    might be Cool

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 04 Mar 2012, 6:34 pm

Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 1428739134 on finding such a bargain, and looking forward to seeing your progress pics. Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 3498837457
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:20 pm

Kimmie wrote:
    Tow Itch wrote: Would this be the beat in all its glory.

Embarassed
    might be Cool

It's going to scrub up fine, £40 ......... I am still amazed, a new tyre cost us £35. Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 184121345
    beverley1232010
    beverley1232010

Post by beverley1232010 Tue 06 Mar 2012, 6:39 pm

well done with your bargain, Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 2702329197
    Kimmie
    Kimmie

Post by Kimmie Wed 07 Mar 2012, 12:59 am

Aww thanks. Now calling him Weakly, as that's what the floor looked like when i peeled back the carpet! So far I've replaced the bottom half of the door, and am in the process of replacing half the floor which has crumbled away in a sludgy mess. Those of a nervous disposition better sit down!!!! 9639063

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 1:35 am