Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension  Empty why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension

Post by Nick Mon 16 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

This was 1st time i have towed the Dandy using our latest Tow Car,the Trailer sits almost level and certainly more level than our last tow car.
    I can tick the raising of suspension off the to do list now Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension  Empty Re: why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension

Post by Helen Mon 16 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

It looks great Nick and sits well with the new wheels and new car, we're going to have to hook ours up and see how it is but we think it should sit okay ( fingers crossed ) it may be a matter of moving the gas pipes to the underfloor heater out of the way to raise it or working around them.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension  Empty Re: why i wont be increasing the height of the dandy suspension

Post by Nick Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

that's a good point about gas pipes as you have an underfloor heater.Our heater is under the seat by kitchen unit so fortunately its one thing we wouldn't need to consider.
    There maybe enough space between any axle and floor should you raise suspension to leave gas pipes in place,i dunno if John has a heater in his and if so whether he moved them.
    Esermalda
    Esermalda

Post by Esermalda Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

Hi NickB,
    glad the towing and car are working so well. How did they fix the reversing sensor problem? Was it ultra expensive?
    Sorry if you have answered these queries already.
    Essie xxxx
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 16 Apr 2012, 5:56 pm

Esermalda wrote:Hi NickB,
    glad the towing and car are working so well. How did they fix the reversing sensor problem? Was it ultra expensive?
    Sorry if you have answered these queries already.
    Essie xxxx
    hi Essie,
    thanks and no not sorted reversing sensors yet that said i suppose i ought to phone the fitters soon.The sensors don't pick up the tow bar when not towing which is good saves having to remove the tow ball all the time Very Happy x
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:04 pm

The new axle would mean we would have to take them off the gas pipes or cut some out of any new axle which may weaken it, and then re-rout them as they are currently bent over the framework including where the axle would go.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:41 pm

Helen wrote:The new axle would mean we would have to take them off the gas pipes or cut some out of any new axle which may weaken it, and then re-rout them as they are currently bent over the framework including where the axle would go.

If I remember correctly as it's fitted to a mobile location their is nothing legally to prevent you replacing the pipe. I'd probably ask for advice from a tame plumber. If I remember correctly again you have access to a tame plumber don't you Helen?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Helen nice touch giving Nick the coaching on packing to lower the rear end of the Skoda so he doesn't need to raise the Dandy.
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:45 pm

Tow Itch wrote:

Helen nice touch giving Nick the coaching on packing to lower the rear end of the Skoda so he doesn't need to raise the Dandy.

no coaching required i had a 90lb dog in the boot Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:47 pm

We do have a friendly plumber in the family Kevin but we also have one Lazy husband too Laughing

I don't have a big dog but I will shove him in the boot too ....... as one well known store says

Every Little Helps

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 11:53 am