Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Tow Itch
Helen
6 posters

Campsite etiquette

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Campsite etiquette  Empty Campsite etiquette

Post by Helen Thu 10 May 2012, 8:17 pm

Most campsites have a time when your supposed to quieten down .......... usually 11pm. We've stayed at sites who don't mind you sitting out late at night as long as you don't disturb other campers who are trying to sleep but have noticed that since camping has really taken off it's not the younger teenage campers but large groups of adults with children who stay up very late and create noise. We no longer camp at one site over a bank holiday weekend because no matter how much they try and they do try, they can't predict who is going to be up late at nights (early hours of morning) or noisy. The site is beautiful during the week and lots go but leave before the weekend as they prefer the quiet, over the years the police have attended but the site owners can't evict them because they have been drinking and can't drive but they are made to leave the following day. We are considering going back again over the next bank holiday because we enjoy the festival atmosphere that's created by a busy site but our daughter won't go ever again to this site at a bank holiday.

Have you been put off a perfectly lovely site because of late night noise or do you think sites should allow people to let their hair down until a later hour at the weekends, say perhaps 12 or even later?. After all it is a weekend and people work hard during the week.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Campsite etiquette  Empty Re: Campsite etiquette

Post by Tow Itch Thu 10 May 2012, 10:59 pm

I think I'm one of the offenders.
    My mouth is not fitted with a volume control.
    I've wondered if campsites might have quiet and noisy sides.
    What is unreasonable. someone up till 01.00 the family with their young child / children who cry all night, the opposite people up out and about but noisy by 06.00? I try to live and let live.
    I'll try to modify my behaviour but I did find it rich a couple of years back when we'd camped to one side as a group. The Sunday (not even the Saturday) saw us return to the site and find someone pitched all but under the projecting side of my trailer tent.
    We fired up the barbecue spoke to our new neighbours, and others. People were invited over for beers. Our new neighbours came over shared our beer and fire and at a suitable time went off for bed. A couple of hours later there was an an amount of tutting at the noise from our new neighbours.
    Normally I'll jump through hoops for people but stuff it they had camped all but under my tent when there was room elsewhere. They shared our beer and fire then got shirty about our choice of bedtime.
    I think this was the one time I bit back
    vessey44
    vessey44

Post by vessey44 Thu 10 May 2012, 11:32 pm

I went to Trentfield once & the Dandy campers were the worst... Wink

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 11 May 2012, 12:14 am

think it depends on what you expect when on your holls allot get shirty with me being up so early 6am being as quiet as I can Campsite etiquette  3462454224 not the ones staggering home at that time but the ones that want to camp but would rather be alone the fights that happen is the only thing I can not handle
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Fri 11 May 2012, 8:35 am

im only a young camper myself at 29....but i hate it when groups of people stay up chatting, drinking and get louder and louder and louder....usually with young noisy children

im all for having a laugh and letting your hair down...im not a prude!! but lets have some common sense sometimes. Ben and I always vet the site first check reviews and general get a feel for the place before we go...after all we are going for a a rest, not stress...we wouldn't book somewhere that said it was noisy in the review and tend to stick with C&CC as you know what you are getting...

I think there has to be some give and take. Conversely, a camp site we stayed on recently let someone set up next to us at 7am and they were incredibly noisy, shouting to each other across the field...suffice to say we won't be going back to that site again!!
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 11 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Noise is one of the reasons, we usually stick with Adult Only sites (particularly over BH Weekends), I go away for a rest and getting some peace and quiet after a reasonable hour (11:00-12:00pm) for me is very much part of that!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 14 May 2012, 3:24 pm

As Kevin says, it's a two edged sword. We've been woken up to little ones hitting the Dandy with a football at 6.30am then continuing to play around it, including hiding under the bed area. I think we all just need to show a little consideration to those around us. Children should be able to enjoy the outdoors fully and I would rather see them running about on a campsite having fun and exercising in the fresh air rather than sat in front of the tv and am really looking forward to taking our grandchildren away with us. We've also been kept awake with the 3am revellers, It's swings and roundabouts but with a little give and take we can all enjoy our time away.
    MrsG
    MrsG

Post by MrsG Mon 14 May 2012, 6:16 pm

I like see the children play as well Helen (not in a child catcher way!!!) but I think night time is bedtime and everyone would be a lot happier if they were able to get a good nights sleep....I agree, would much rather see children running around in the fresh air than cooped up on their computers Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:34 am