Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Gone mainstream

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Gone mainstream Empty Gone mainstream

Post by mike Sat 19 May 2012, 11:06 am

Will be off line for anything upto 6 months lol! just walked out of the virgin shop with a fixed line modem on the fit it yourself deal the frightening thing is it states easy to fit affraid dont get me wrong the phone on three is fantastic for tethering but not convenient every time and the back up dongle is next to useless now virgin use orange most of the time,so managed to get a good deal gone on to ebill and can cancel the dongle in two months so its about £5 a month more than ime paying now.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Gone mainstream Empty Re: Gone mainstream

Post by Cazz Sat 19 May 2012, 1:38 pm

Shall I ring instead of posting here. lol!

Sorry to appear thick, no comment please, does this mean you won't have the one plan anymore? What will you do for internet when camping if not?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 19 May 2012, 1:52 pm

No ime keeping the one plan as it is the same cost as having a mobile phone and dongle which i would have any way for camping,ive taken fixed broadband again which they where going to charge £16 a month for but with cancelling the dongle and going onto ebill it will work out at about £5 more a month,the actual set up was easy but it was a 23min wait listening to music to ask them to send the signal to activate the box,mind you when i told the lady i had been that long on a mobile waiting she said she would ring me back which she did,point for virgin there.
    I could have done everything through the phone but its a bit inconvenient if ime surfing with it tethered and Nancy gets or wants to make a call,plus ime going to look into downloading movies as we spend £20-£30 a month on dvds,and i have a new project in mind for the end of the year which i would need a faster connection to do.
    My opinion of 3s one plan and tethering is still the same far better than most dongles
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sat 19 May 2012, 2:06 pm

I'm very pleased with our 3 wifi mifi, as like you say we can use the phones whilst also surfing, and if one of us isn't here, the internet connection is, unless we take it with us of course.

But if you need a quicker connection, then the land line makes sense, having said that, our 3 mifi is quicker than my parents fixed connection, but there again they are having new lines fitted in their area, so should be super fast very soon.

It's swings and roundabouts, at least there's lots of choice out there, something to suit every need.

Now I need to get a T mobile sim to work in my 3 device, i've been given a 6 month sim for unlimited browsing, but not high speed stuff, just gently surfing. Lol.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Fri 25 May 2012, 2:18 pm

Its been one of those weeks up to now,the thing i expected problems with was fairly simple,connecting the broadband guess there is time yet it is virgin after all,fitted it on Saturday then got home from work Tuesday and another new super hub had been sent to me,making the most of the new connection speed it probaly wont last long affraid
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 26 May 2012, 7:23 am

Just been sorting the return of the hub and virgin use this service,i never knew about it i could have stuff delivered through this and not have to stay at home for delivery can collect it from just down the road.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Sat 26 May 2012, 9:49 am

That looks really good, what a simple and effective idea.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 26 May 2012, 1:30 pm

Below is a speed test,this is on the 30mb package,bet its not this good after the honeymoon period lol!
    uSwitch.com

Download Speed
    23.6Mb
    Upload Speed
    1.8Mb
    Provider
    Virgin Media

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 4:56 am