Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
Endecay
6 posters

Finally got away in the DD.

Endecay
    Endecay

Finally got away in the DD. Empty Finally got away in the DD.

Post by Endecay Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

Hi all. I've been a little quiet on the forum recently. Mainly cause I had nothing really to report on. But we finally got away for a week last week in our Destiny. Much to report and ask advice on - including the annexed awning leaking through the zips (is this common?) and early departure for fear of 60-70mph winds on the Folkestone coast.

We may have actually taken a few piccies...
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Finally got away in the DD. Empty Re: Finally got away in the DD.

Post by mike Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Pleased you finally made it and got home before the wind love to see the pictures,i would have thought leaking through zips is possible but cant give a definite answer as our side panel zips are protected by the roof over hang,could it just be the amount of rain we had.

mike
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

Finally got away in the DD. 1428739134 on your first trip in DD, looking forward to your pics and details, and well done for avoiding that wind. Finally got away in the DD. 3498837457
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:53 pm

Finally got away in the DD. 2702329197 great fun glad you got home safely as we seem to be having extra strong winds good decision right Finally got away in the DD. 1710857839 1)is the zip torn anywhere ? 2) was it horizontal rain ?? 3) did your awning roof over hang where the zips were ? and no not had leaks with my zips but not had horizontal rain Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224
    oh almost forgot keep in touch just for a chat flower
    Endecay
    Endecay

Post by Endecay Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm

Caz1960 wrote: Finally got away in the DD. 2702329197 great fun glad you got home safely as we seem to be having extra strong winds good decision right Finally got away in the DD. 1710857839 1)is the zip torn anywhere ? 2) was it horizontal rain ?? 3) did your awning roof over hang where the zips were ? and no not had leaks with my zips but not had horizontal rain Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224

The annex zips onto the main awning were the side panel normally goes. The roof part then sits over the zip. There is therefore no overhang as such.

To be frank, the annex is seemingly a bit of a PITA and I'd rather have a standard side if the leaking is a 'design feature'. Are they easy to get hold of or is a trip to Wigan required?
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

Endecay wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote: Finally got away in the DD. 2702329197 great fun glad you got home safely as we seem to be having extra strong winds good decision right Finally got away in the DD. 1710857839 1)is the zip torn anywhere ? 2) was it horizontal rain ?? 3) did your awning roof over hang where the zips were ? and no not had leaks with my zips but not had horizontal rain Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224 Finally got away in the DD. 3462454224

The annex zips onto the main awning were the side panel normally goes. The roof part then sits over the zip. There is therefore no overhang as such.

To be frank, the annex is seemingly a bit of a PITA and I'd rather have a standard side if the leaking is a 'design feature'. Are they easy to get hold of or is a trip to Wigan required?

There isn't a standard zip on side as the zip on annex was a one off. You will neeed someone who can find a matching zip and works in PVC been able to find the same or a suitably contrasting colour. My first suggestions would be Dandy or Tent Valeting services but both are North West based.

If the leak rather than the extra bulk is the major pain try Tool station for a can of silicone spray. url=http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Silicone+Spray/p21983][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This will lubricate the zip and waterproof the cloth edging of the zip.

If your finding it a real downer I'm sure someone would bite your hand off at the elbow to exchange for a standard awning.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 16 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

Sorry to hear your stay was cut short by the horrible weather Sad

I liked the extra awning space your annex offered and never thought of how it was fitted, if you would rather have the standard awning perhaps you should call Riva and see if he can put a side wall in so you do away with the annex, or you could see if they can possibly hot weld a protective flap all the way around where the zip is with some poppers to hold in place over the zip when the side is erected scratch

We had horizontal rain this week, perhaps it was the adverse weather conditions causing the problem and you should try it once more when the weather is a little more normal....... if we ever get normal What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 9:08 pm