Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

Festival Of Speed 2012

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Festival Of Speed 2012 Empty Festival Of Speed 2012

Post by Tow Itch Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:31 pm

Alas no photos. Seen quite a bit of stuff but will post tomorrow.
    Most noticeable bit of day, finally fit enough to pop into pub.
    Tiff Needell looked like he had consumed more than me and I doubt he will be doing competitive racing tomorrow.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Festival Of Speed 2012 Empty Re: Festival Of Speed 2012

Post by Tow Itch Thu 05 Jul 2012, 12:18 am

Didn't post the following day.
    Wind had been taken out of my sales and I was a little fragile. The internet connection was also variable.
    Arrived Wed evening and in previous years would have found the campsite about 30% to 40% full. This year it was 85% to 90% full.
    The campsite is normally of an an extremely high standard considering the numbers involved and I can't say that the facilities were poor but they were certainly not of the normal standard.
    Having arrived and set up we were aware that the spend level on accommodation had upped a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes it does look a little cramped, we'd sold half our pitch to two men sharing the tent. I'd forsaken my Dandy to use my mates caravan. Realising that true credibility as a dandy owner is only achieved upon using a caravan. The neighbours were obviously in awe though they tried hard to suppress it.
    The Neighbours
    A bit further down the park Jaguar had established a Winnebago Geto.

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 06 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

The Thursday saw the moving motor show bit. Which as it's just companies trying to flog new cars we studiously avoided. A possible mistake as there was a new Renault battery powered vehicle the Twizy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    This looks like a more realistic proposition for an electric vehicle. Not sure how it will do in the UK but see it being very popular in Southern Europe. e.g. Ideal as holiday transport on the Greek islands. Does anyone still go to Greece?
    The obvious sting in the tail is the price of the battery lease. The less obvious one is what happens to a lithium ion battery vehicle in case of a crash. Trapped occupants will be left to burn to death in the case of a fire as even with the fire brigade in attendence they don't have anything that can put out a lithium ion battery fire. The was a fire last year at Silverstone where dependant on reports the fire was left to butn out or 29 extinguishers were used to put the fire out. This was on a battery pack for an electric motorcycle.
    See item 7 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If your in the market for a cheap soft or off roader the Brand of Dacia has been revived by Renault. Any of you remember the old Renault 12 Dacia?
    Well now there is a new Dacia using an old name Duster. These were being used as courtesy vehicles from the campsite to various locations. Though I became quite adept at jumping the VIP transport system this weekend I never got to travel in one so have no practical report.

Friday as well as the show proper saw the appearance of The Red Arrows.
    Displaying as a seven aircraft team now rather than the more familiar nine.
    We were having a spot of lunch at the time and shouldn't have been on the campsite as this is supposed to be cleared during air displays as it is the designated ditch area.
    Photos only taken with my phone that doesn't have much zoom so you can guess how close to the action we were.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

Looks good, I'm sure we'll get there one day and take you up on your kind offer.

I think your neighbours were very intimidated by your caravan, but they would have been more blown away by the Dandy. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 8:07 pm