Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+8
Phoenix
navver
normy bear
Rik Shaw
Krist0n
Cazz
Helen
mike
12 posters

Bought a porch awning

Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Bought a porch awning - Page 3 Empty Bought a porch awning

Post by Rik Shaw Tue 06 May 2014, 9:26 pm

Nice bit of sewing there Helen...

you can't knock 'em for the price.. Look neat as well.
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw Tue 06 May 2014, 10:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At Last finally got to sort pics out.  How I did the fitting... Aluminium channel cut to size
                                                   and pop riveted on to plastic awning rail.
                                                   just hooks over top of bat wings nice and stable

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and made a center prop (two adjustable line  props and a bit of spare tent fiberglass)
    threaded though a couple of loops attached near the side door zip
    which is ideal in heavy rain

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Right what can i play with next..?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Bought a porch awning - Page 3 Empty Re: Bought a porch awning

Post by Helen Wed 07 May 2014, 8:19 am

That's really good Rick, I like how you've attached yours to the awning rail it looks so neat and tidy and saves having to tie it off inside. I was also toying with the idea of sewing two pockets into the edges of either side of the roof and putting in a fibreglass tent pole like the monsoon poles we had in our caravan awning. After using it this weekend though I don't think I'll bother as it stood up to some heavy downpours really well and the slope of the roof seems good enough to help water run off plus we are only going to use this one for short breaks as ours is not the XL .... it's the smaller version of the swift easy porch but good enough for weekend use. I may put some nylon webbing along the flap and attach some awning rail like you've done though  Bought a porch awning - Page 3 184121345 
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 07 May 2014, 10:11 pm

Bought a porch awning - Page 3 1710857839 absolutely brilliant they both look great Idea as you say the original awnings are heavy to fight with for short stays but it is missed for the space it gives and protection especially when trying to sneak out late at night  Bought a porch awning - Page 3 3462454224 the cold blast would wake the  dead  affraid
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw Wed 07 May 2014, 10:31 pm

I may put some nylon webbing along the flap and attach some awning rail like you've done though

the white plastic awning rail was already attached Helen.

the only addition was the aluminium channel that I pop riveted on to it..

RIK.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 08 May 2014, 8:42 am

I know it was Rick, I chopped mine off as it was driving me nuts trying to cut out the darts with it on ..... that stuff has a mind of it's own  lol! 
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Bought a porch awning - Page 3 Empty 1-2-Trio 8 x 6 on active duty rather than just in the garden

Post by ChrisP Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

Here it is on a trip. It's a nice colour match too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

From the side

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

From the front

More space and a better fit (unmodified) than the Sunncamp one I also have. It is also a lot sturdier. There are a lot more poles to put up, but now they are all labelled it should be quicker!

The Sunncamp is still good for a quick get-away, but does need the darts putting in and until I replace the suspension and bring up the height for a level tow, I cannot measure where to make the darts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 03 May 2024, 2:03 am