Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

towing a green dandy trailer tent

paddys

towing a green dandy trailer tent Empty towing a green dandy trailer tent

Post by paddys Thu 02 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

hi,i own a 07 micra 1240 cc,can i tow a dandy with this car .it is a green dandy ,about 1970ish.[b]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

towing a green dandy trailer tent Empty Re: towing a green dandy trailer tent

Post by mike Thu 02 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

In general micras have a fairly good rep for towing,check your towing limits in the hand book but to give you an idea i tow a 750kg dandy 6 with a 09 1200 punto which has a towing limit of 900kg braked,of the top of my head so long as your unit is braked i would have thought no problem.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

I agree with Mike. Suspect
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 03 Aug 2012, 1:00 am

Now what sort of colour of Dandy would I be expecting Paddy to be towing!
    No one has said but the Dandy will have a maximum loaded weight of 500Kg or 10cwts as originally expressed (508Kg)

How are you getting on with the brakes as it's on old fashioned rod brakes?
    A secondary coupling is a good idea on rod braked trailers as brakeaway cables are no use.
    paddys

towing a green dandy trailer tent Empty green dandy.

Post by paddys Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

hi ,again ,thanks you guys for your help.at present i am waiting to have a tow bar fitted.my green dandy is in good condition but needs a little tlc.is there a year of manafacture on the chassis.paddys Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:10 pm

On ours there is a number on the A Frame, I think it's the same with the older Dandy's too ...... that's if you can find it depending on if the frames been painted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 08 May 2024, 1:08 am