Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
simmy1969
Phoenix
Billy
7 posters

It took a while.

Billy
    Billy

It took a while. Empty It took a while.

Post by Billy Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

Bought myself a Dandy on Friday off Ebay.Picked it up yesterday, but after the eight hundred mile drive and a night s lost sleep never put it up until today.
    Eight hundred mile drive..lost sleep? Its because the Dandy was in Northampton and I am in Fife.
    Seems that instead of a comfortable weekend man cave I bought myself for Steam and Vintage shows it is also going to be used by my good lady wife to take our grandkids away for the odd weekend.

So I now have to paint the interior and exterior and Hazel is going to make curtains, covers and cushions for OUR Dandy.

Condition of the Dandy is far better than I thought it was, and needs only two roof bars making up for above the beds.

I have taken no photos of the Dandy but I will tomorrow, after working out how to post them I will put up a few.

Well worth the effort of going for it with the added bonus of Hazel also loving it.

Billy.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

It took a while. Empty Re: It took a while.

Post by Phoenix Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

It took a while. 1428739134 Billy.

Was it this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Glad the trip was worth while and Hazel likes it too. Very Happy
    simmy1969

Post by simmy1969 Mon 06 Aug 2012, 8:49 pm

congrats billy to another ebay find same as me Very Happy
    Billy
    Billy

Post by Billy Mon 06 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

Phoenix, That is indeed the one.Thankyou for putting it up.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 06 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

And what a nice Dandy 'Yours' is It took a while. 2792229418 It took a while. 2792229418 It took a while. 2792229418

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll all have lots of pleasure with it It took a while. 1428739134
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 07 Aug 2012, 6:52 am

congratulations It took a while. 2792229418

be warned, dandying is addictive so your wife may start to 'encourage' you do more and more prettifying lol
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:59 am

Billy.

Congratulations. I'm sorry I missed this thread completely.
    Now this isn't a impulse purchase is it? I mean you've not been looking for that long have you?
    I was drawn to your line
    Never put it up until today
    Was it up when you arrived or are you very trusting?

I'd get some grease applied to key fittings or let the smell of Diesel permeate the unit. You need to mark your territory soon before it gets so prettified that your not allowed to use it for it's original purpose.

Though this is a brown one I see you got an early brown with the smaller awning. You should have every hope of erecting that with just a couple of minutes help from a fellow exhibitor. You will no doubt be very popular this year if you can provide a sheltered spot to keep an eye on the engines from, or have you been rained off so far?

Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:44 pm

It took a while. 1428739134 on finding your Dandy. It took a while. 184121345
    Billy
    Billy

Post by Billy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

Many thanks to all for your congratulations and well wishes.

Kevin, I always knew I was going to have to travel to get a Dandy so not one for doing things by half..

The seller sent me a lot more photos of the Dandy than he had on Ebay and I must admit I did trust him to a degree and why not? there are still some honest people in the world....but I do admit it was a small gamble too.

All day has been spent on the Dandy, made roof bars this morning from electrical conduit and brackets from some mild bar I had. I have cleaned the door panel and the walls and up to the top of one of the side walls today. Cillit Bang foamy stuff and managed to get a row from Hazel for using the whole tin. So I shall sneak to ASDA tomorrow morning for another tin and carry on.

Man cave no more I am afraid... I was attacked by a swarm of grand kids this afternoon..well two of them..Emily 3 years and Jack who is 6 years old demanding to be taken away for their holidays.

Hopefully Hazel and I can find a happy medium decor wise....I would hate to be at a Steam show sporting pink cushions.

Thanks again for your well wishes. Billy.

Could someone date the Dandy for me please?

Last edited by Billy on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additions)
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:42 pm

Billy wrote:I would hate to be at a Steam show sporting pink cushions.

Pink cushions with oily hand prints could be then next in thing. lol!

Try looking on the A frame for a number to date it, we haven't found one but you might. Smile
    Billy
    Billy

Post by Billy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:46 pm

Many thanks , I will look for a number on the A frame when I brush the old galvi paint off to repaint. Billy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:21 pm