Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
vnuala
6 posters

folding dandy 6 ( help)

vnuala
    vnuala

folding dandy 6 ( help) Empty folding dandy 6 ( help)

Post by vnuala Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

Hi i was putting my Dandy 6 away this afternoon after giving her a revamp and really struggled on putting the front door panel down Mad The problem is that the roof saggs quite low in the middle after lowering the back(kitchen)panel in so i had to get my hubby to stand on a chair and hold the roof edge while i lowered the front,this was really heavy and i struggled a bit.I am going away next week and the hubby isnt coming,can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please as i will only have my 14yr old daughter to help me ,,,,,thanks in advance vicky. Smile
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

folding dandy 6 ( help) Empty Re: folding dandy 6 ( help)

Post by mike Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:25 am

vnuala wrote:Hi i was putting my Dandy 6 away this afternoon after giving her a revamp and really struggled on putting the front door panel down Mad The problem is that the roof saggs quite low in the middle after lowering the back(kitchen)panel in so i had to get my hubby to stand on a chair and hold the roof edge while i lowered the front,this was really heavy and i struggled a bit.I am going away next week and the hubby isnt coming,can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please as i will only have my 14yr old daughter to help me ,,,,,thanks in advance vicky. Smile

That bit can be a problem but the answer is easy,in the center of the roof edge along the door side there should be a hole for a guy rope,if you put a guy string in that one but for the last 12 inches before putting it on the button on the trailer join a bit of bungee on.

Do this after you have erected it then you can get the tension right to hold the roof in place when taking down,if you fit it the next time before you erect it will help hold the door wall in place while you do the kitchen wall.

mike
    vnuala
    vnuala

Post by vnuala Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

mike wrote:
    vnuala wrote:Hi i was putting my Dandy 6 away this afternoon after giving her a revamp and really struggled on putting the front door panel down Mad The problem is that the roof saggs quite low in the middle after lowering the back(kitchen)panel in so i had to get my hubby to stand on a chair and hold the roof edge while i lowered the front,this was really heavy and i struggled a bit.I am going away next week and the hubby isnt coming,can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please as i will only have my 14yr old daughter to help me ,,,,,thanks in advance vicky. Smile

That bit can be a problem but the answer is easy,in the center of the roof edge along the door side there should be a hole for a guy rope,if you put a guy string in that one but for the last 12 inches before putting it on the button on the trailer join a bit of bungee on.

Do this after you have erected it then you can get the tension right to hold the roof in place when taking down,if you fit it the next time before you erect it will help hold the door wall in place while you do the kitchen wall.

mike
    thanks Mike i will do that when we go next week,,,,fingers crossed.
    hopefully there will be someone on site to help if i am struggling tongue
    Krist0n
    Krist0n

Post by Krist0n Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:24 am

That's a damn good tip Mike. I also struggled with this, and the annoying thing is, I already have the half rope/half bungee in place lol. I will leave it atatched next time Smile.
    As well as that, I also try to remember Embarassed a long handled brush to push the roof up if need be. The rubber type brushes (the ones for laminate floors) are the best, as the normal brushes slide very easily on a slippery polished/siliconed roof. The brush can then obviously be used throughout the camping trip for the more obvious tasks, such as fending off "tent envied" campers, and threatening the kids with when they wont do the washing up. Laughing
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:21 pm

have you silicone'd the roof as it makes things slide easier ( the inside) folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224 folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224
    vnuala
    vnuala

Post by vnuala Sun 12 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

Caz1960 wrote:have you silicone'd the roof as it makes things slide easier ( the inside) folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224 folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224
    . I have been looking to get some silicone ,I will get it this week and then when I go away next week I will do it before I put her down ,thanks. Very Happy
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:03 pm

vnuala wrote:
    Caz1960 wrote:have you silicone'd the roof as it makes things slide easier ( the inside) folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224 folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224
    . I have been looking to get some silicone ,I will get it this week and then when I go away next week I will do it before I put her down ,thanks. Very Happy
    if you look at the polishes ie. Mr sheen or pledge their makes have silicone in them and do a good job and smells clean the dandy booklet says that after you wash the dandy's polish them as makes cleaning next time easier and keeps the pvc shiny and helps to stop it sticking flower
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 12 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Only £2.61 has other uses too

Silicone spray

If any of you have purchased silicone spray to ease zips and to allow the roof to slide over the poles more easily you may have wondered about other uses.
    By Friday rain had reached biblical proportions. I'd not brought any waterproof over trousers with me. Any trip outside the confines of the dandy resulted in sodden trousers through both direct rain and the run off from your coat.
    Taking a pair of cheap jeans I did spray them liberally with silicone spray and then rubbed the fabric together to aid absorption. A second spray and rub then followed. Well either the rain had lessened or the silicone worked perfectly. So I also used it on a fabric sun hat to waterproof that and that too was a success.
    see:http://www.dandycampers.org/t954p15-music-and-beer-festival
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

Krist0n wrote:The brush can then obviously be used throughout the camping trip for the more obvious tasks, such as fending off "tent envied" campers, and threatening the kids with when they wont do the washing up. Laughing

folding dandy 6 ( help) 3462454224 101 uses for a broom. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:00 pm