Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas

Rose red

Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas Empty Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas

Post by Rose red Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

Not sure what the exact technical term for this area is yet as I have only just got my Dandy butI wanted to look at treating the underneath of it. It is the plyboard type and I had read somewhere that you could treat it with bitumen to protect it and keep it waterproof. Is this right and what have others used to protect it. I want to really look after Dou Dou so we can have many happy holidays.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas Empty Re: Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas

Post by Phoenix Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm

Are you talking about under the bed bases or the underside of the actual trailer?
    Rose red

Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas Empty Re: Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas

Post by Rose red Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:30 pm

Hello.
    The underside of the trailer. I noticed on newer models it seems to have a plastic base but mine looks like board.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:01 am

Under the trailer, chassis as well i would coat with a black undersealed rather than bitumen as it stays flexible longer,under the beds i dont like to cover with anything but some use varnish,or a microporous wood treatment to allow them to breath.
    Rose red

Post by Rose red Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

Thanks Mike, a trip to a DIY store soon I think to get my stuff!!
    Girls have called the Dandy Dou Dou after one of their teddies so want to look after our Dou Dou.
    Exterior treatment for underneath the bed areas 115684958
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 25 Aug 2012, 11:40 am

We sprayed the underside of Phoenix chassis with schultz underseal. If you don't have access to a compressor etc you could use a paint on type like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Use some cheap throw away paint brushes as they won't be any good afterwards for anything else. A car accessory place would probably be better than a DIY store. Smile
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

neither of mine are coated and they are from the 80's
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 26 Aug 2012, 9:42 am

We used yacht varnish when we first got ours and haven't done it again yet ...... we'll probably get around to re-doing it before the end of the year, we do keep saying that though. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 09 May 2024, 2:48 am