Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+5
Terry Baynham
Cazz
The Admiral
mike
Helen
9 posters

2013 meet idea's

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

2013 meet idea's Empty 2013 meet idea's

Post by Helen Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:31 pm

I know it's a way off yet but it would be nice to have some idea's, this year has been a little thin on the ground for meets but the weather hasn't exactly created enthusiasm. I've enjoyed the past meets the forum has had and would like to revisit Trentfield around May if anyone would like to join us ..... great pub there Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- May

Any other Dandy meet idea's for 2013 are welcome, we can put them on Separate threads where people can add names in the new year
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

2013 meet idea's Empty Re: 2013 meet idea's

Post by mike Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:34 pm

Trentfield around may sounds good to me,you could twist my arm into a pub meal or three lol!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

It's a must, fantastic food and great prices too, looking forward to it already 2013 meet idea's 184121345

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 07 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

Yes we wouldn't mind a return to Trentfield and their power showers lol! . We couldn't do the Spring Bank Holiday weekend as we're always away with friends then or the following weekend as its always difficult for me to get time off at work during 1/2 term week but earlier in May would be fine.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

Camping next year, we're still camping this year, we're away on Sunday till Tuesday next week. Hopefully we have enough days with classic car shows and star parties and things.

At least we have a hobby for summer and winter. 2013 meet idea's 2618919104
    Terry Baynham
    Terry Baynham

2013 meet idea's Empty Trentfield

Post by Terry Baynham Mon 19 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

well hello there everybody. Me and April are well up for visiting Trentfield. What dates are you thinking of having there Helen????? jocolor jocolor
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 19 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

It's a little too soon to decide on dates Terry, I'll look at the calendar after Christmas and let you know, be great if you and April join us you'll love Trentfield.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Mon 07 Jan 2013, 9:19 pm

I think we could be tempted
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Tue 08 Jan 2013, 2:07 pm

Not the thread for a full explanation but due to events over christmas and new year our family commitments have undergone a major change, this year it looks like our camping will have to be around the availability of other family members to cover our recently gained extra responsibility.
    We are hoping to get a fair bit of camping in but will be unable to plan far ahead so if we dont get to any meets please accept our apology it wont be because we dont want to come.

Mike and Nancy
    Terry Baynham
    Terry Baynham

Post by Terry Baynham Mon 18 Mar 2013, 6:43 pm

Helen wrote:It's a little too soon to decide on dates Terry, I'll look at the calendar after Christmas and let you know, be great if you and April join us you'll love Trentfield.
    Any dates yet People???
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 18 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

Terry I've sent you a pm

Sorry people I'd forgotten all about Trentfield, it's looking like we won't be able to make it in May but if anyone else wants to sort out a Meet at Trentfield for May ........ please do and if we can get there we will.

I really enjoyed our last meet there
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 07 Apr 2013, 11:39 pm

When were you looking doing Trentfield this year the 1st or second May Bank Holidays?
    Though £80 for a weekends camping is not what I look forward to I'll be damned if I see a camping weekend die. I have myself and possibly at least one other Dandy willing to go.
    Now I realise I'm not the same draw as Mike or Helen. In fact I see that you have all studiously avoided my invites to sunny Dent but why not make the best of life and take what we have.
    Terry, Jane and Shaun are you still interested? Anyone else come to that?
    We need to be a bit quick on our feet as though the temperature has been sub zero May is traditionally the first outing for the purely summer campers so it might well book up.
    Well what do you all think?
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:05 am

Tow Itch wrote: When were you looking doing Trentfield this year the 1st or second May Bank Holidays?
    Though £80 for a weekends camping is not what I look forward to I'll be damned if I see a camping weekend die. I have myself and possibly at least one other Dandy willing to go.
    Now I realise I'm not the same draw as Mike or Helen. In fact I see that you have all studiously avoided my invites to sunny Dent but why not make the best of life and take what we have.
    Terry, Jane and Shaun are you still interested? Anyone else come to that?
    We need to be a bit quick on our feet as though the temperature has been sub zero May is traditionally the first outing for the purely summer campers so it might well book up.
    Well what do you all think?

Well i have camped with you twice and i wouldn't do it again lol! cant see an alcoholic Very Happy and a grumpy old sod Very Happy are more of a draw than you

Seriously though you know why i cant make it and its nothing to do with your company or i wouldn't have invited you to join us on holliday later in the year so we could catch up,we have a great forum but maybe its the way we started meets dont seem to be high on the agenda.
    As far as trentfield is concerned we found it a great site although we where on the rally field not the main site,so a suggestion from me would be to look at maybe September/ October time and book pitches on the field,there is hook up and you are just as close to the facility's,and i think it may be cheaper.
    A long weekend towards the end of the year could be a possibility for us as May is a bit close to woodhall and Norfolk for us in June.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 08 Apr 2013, 8:15 am

I was thinking of around the second week in May when it's not going to be a bank holiday and may be cheaper Kevin ...... thank you for stepping in and taking this over I'll leave it in your hands now 2013 meet idea's 115684958

now Mikes mentioned it I'd be happy to try to get along in September too, perhaps people would like to go twice trentfield was one of the most relaxing weekends we've ever had Very Happy

If you haven't met Kevin yet he is one of the most lovely people you could wish to meet and bends over backwards to help our members. He could also drink me under the table lol! and isn't half as grumpy as Mike 2013 meet idea's 1208560806
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

We'd try to get along to a meet if we could as it would be great to meet some of the lovely folk on here, however we're pretty much booked up with various commitments over the summer.

Something later in the year might suit better.

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Wed 17 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

We'd like to go back to Trentfield again, May is probably out for us as well but late(ish) September could be a possibility. The main summer months are already pretty much spoken for with our medieval reenactment and already arranged camping holidays with friends.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:31 pm

With a view to the camping appeal Above. Does anyone want to float this for later in the year.

Come on. We need a member to propose a weekend then to try to cajole us into attending.

Members willing to be cajoled are also required.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:23 pm

We are up for a september meet at Trentfield. bounce bounce
    We are fairly flexible on dates to suit others. Smile
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:34 pm

I could be game if it was other than the 13th to 15th. Beginning or end of month preferred but not essential.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:13 pm