Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+8
peridot
Kimmie
manchestercamper
Helen
Cazz
Tow Itch
Phoenix
Caz1960
12 posters

Giro D'ITALIA

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 Empty Re: Giro D'ITALIA

Post by Caz1960 Thu 16 May 2013, 6:49 am

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 2792229418 here I am again
    posing for the boat trip you can hear my knees knocking from here ( don't like boats Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 )and double chin included Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    hitchhiker with class knows a good ride when he sees it
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 16 May 2013, 7:13 am

the view from the boat ( if you get seasick look away now)
    arrived in France and set off on our journey's my son had a great trip to Dover so we pushed our luck and kept going as long as we could ( found that homeopathic pills work a treat on him) found our first Municipal camp site ( might have to load a few pages as only allowed to post 2 photo's on each message)
    it was raining so nice weather for ducks
    France was flooded out didn't think it rained that hard
    found a nice place to sit and have lunch tree hugging
    then promptly fell in a hole affraid
    Mistletoe grows every were found this tree at our next campsite so I puckered up and stood there allday (well you never know) nope nothing happened I put it down to that the berry's arn't out yet Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224
    ( sorry for the blurred photos just realised that I am on flowers and not mountains so switched to mountains )
    son now huffing and puffing so I will log off and get back as soon as coz got loads to say Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 16 May 2013, 9:53 am

It sounds fantastic.... not the falling down the hole thing though ......mistletoe tree's I love you looking forward to hearing more about your adventures x
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Thu 16 May 2013, 9:39 pm

Glad you are having a good time. flower Keep safe and look out for those potholes. lol!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 17 May 2013, 7:45 pm

First night in France we found a municipal campsite E20 a night with elec as you can see it is raining but that didn't bother the ducks when they came around for breakfast
    While I was there hunting around for an electric power point for the hairdryer as I had not had that luxury with me and the site loan you one when I asked In pigeon French “ ave a vuo a plug” when they replied in pure Yorkshire yep there are here and pointed to a black square on the wall ( lift and there is a socket) oh I thought they were push button light switch
    After having a chat for a while about their holl's in the south of France to only find that they only live in the next village to me what a small world
    Note to all when the petrol pumps say 24hrs, that means it takes credit cards great if you have the right credit card, but it will only except CB cards as we found out when the old girl was beeping at us 50 miles to go then 20 as we were searching for a petrol station, and could only find these stations so in the end we asked if a very helpful man were was the nearest petrol pump and he sent us to a supermarket around the corner ha ha!! the only problem was it was 6 foot under water so we went back to said card pump and he helped to fill us up on his card and we paid him cash thank god but mind you my breakdown service would have brought me some but didn't want to test that theory out nor wait
    Note to self: check out national holidays as the Wed was one and then on Thurs was another but because it was a Thurs they all decided to take the long weekend and bugger off… so all shops were closed luckily not campsites as we found another that informed us that this was the case and shops were shut glad we had enough supplies of food. This was a not a municipal but great, Wi-Fi was e3 per hour (not at that price and it went up in increments the longer you wanted it worked out to be £1 per hour) had swimming pool and water slide not that we went in it as too tired and off again the next morning this was the campsite with the mistletoe tree
    The other thing I got very excited about was this (France) is the place for the Whomping Tree affraid (Harry Potter) loads and nurseries of them when I am brave enough I will tiptoe up and take some pictures Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224
    My turn to drive in France in I get when little voice beside me said “ Mum do not forget that you drive on the right” “OK” off we went and I found it easy to drive on the right only to watch traffic on the left or so I thought ha ha there I am driving down a perfectly straight high street when suddenly a car pulls out on me from the right ( in Britain I have the right of way ) how do I work out some junctions stop and others have the right of way it’s a guessing game Who? Is allowed to do what? As all signs are side on and not in front of you ok! Got that sussed when I had to go on the motorway with a constant voice in my left ear “Mum remember to say on the right” with gritted teeth I kept on saying “yep ok will do” pulling onto the motorway watching on my left for traffic and getting up to speed to pull on “Mum remember to stay on your right” “yes my darling” having just got on the motorway and gone a few miles, when in my right ear from Tony at the back” we need to turn off here to the right” so looked and saw a car trying to get on matching my speed I was indicating right and slowing down with “ Mum remember to say on the right” in my left ear and in the right ear Tony starting to shout “Turn off here!!” “ok will do “ but he didn’t see the poor little car trying its hardest to pass me and get onto the motorway and I was slowing to a stop to get off “Why have you stopped you can’t stop” I did stop to let the car out and then turned in stopped the car a short way up the road and that was that ,I did try and drown them out with a bit of meatloaf but my son switched it off never again oh don’t get me wrong I am happy to drive in France/Italy but ON MY OWN!!! Or with ear muffs on
    Winging our way to Italy (North)
    We then arrived at a gorgeous campsite (still in France) when I logged in last time high in the mountains a municipal one just opened its doors when we turned up.
    We were told to pick any were we liked as they were empty three of us that night , what a fantastic place with great back drop as you can see and then decided that this place would be convenient to see the cycling in the mountains so aim to be back here in a week
    Got to Italy and winged our way to the coast Finale Ligure near Genova what a shock we found a campsite but had to go up a 45% angle up hill and stop at the gates to be told that we would not fit panic how in the hell are we going to turn the Dandy6 around and an estate car with no room to spare on either side we had to aim her at a small patch of out crop land ha there is only me and there is no way I can control her while Tony is trying to back her up then out of the blue millions of hands appeared unhitched her turned her around then got the car round with allot of shouting and hand gestures within five minutes we were pointing the right way and they all disappeared we were told about another camping site more suited to us so off we went … yep better as it was flat but oh my god we have been spoilt in France the pitch is the width of the dandy and to get the car parked as well because you get charged E6 per night parking well we managed to squeeze in then decided to wing north if we cannot find another camp site we would go back to France .. such a shock and forgot that space is a premium as the mountains take up so much then there is the sea so we are all squeezed into a small space mostly French on their hols and a very loud German that shouted all night and frogs can’t work out who was the loudest but needless to say we left at 9am..Found a Lidles before we left to get supply’s for our journey when we met a very pleasant Italian which firstly ask why we were going to Lidles as we were in Italy and the food is so much greater than there we lied and said that it was for toiletries and asked if he knew of any were to camp he sent us to Alba further north into the mountains and we found a great campsite again given the full range of picking our own spot as they were empty it was a far cry from the other until we noticed that we were on two pitches so to camp in Italy is not only at a premium to camp price wise as well as space E22 for camper E8 per person x3 electric included and Wi-Fi ( approx. E40 per night compared to France the max we paid was E22 all in .). if you could get it as there signal was not very strong even sitting outside there office, they had a swimming pool hot showers and full facilities looks like they got more motorhomes than caravans and tents but they looked after us well it was very clean apparently it had been only open for 3 yrs. Did need some maintenance (like Cilit Bang around the shower heads) but hey It had space, a pool and hot weather at last even though when we turned up to the most horrendous thunder storm when we were trying to put up the awning and as you can see we gave up till the morning and had blazing sun I got a sun tan ok burn to blazes yep the shoulders and nose but the heat was greatly received next day we chilled out and enjoyed the sun and worked out how to put up the awning as it’s been a year since been up , yet again help from other campers that were there mainly Dutch with their motorhomes and the chap that helped us his son now lives in a village near us the world is getting small ..
    will go now as I think I've sent you all to sleep the next bit it the Pizza in Italy !!!!!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 17 May 2013, 7:50 pm

Embarassed forgot to say I went up the mountain today and soon came off should not have looked down so far Evil or Very Mad Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3208163979 I am ok now just bruised bum and and ear ache from the verbal telling off I got Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 17 May 2013, 8:12 pm

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 2197500976 Caz no's that looks like a beautiful setting.

Think you have just won Dandy of the month, before its even started. lol!
    navver

Post by navver Fri 17 May 2013, 8:27 pm

Wow, that looks Fab Caz. I love reading your posts on this adventure. I certainly wouldn't like to try such a trip, it would terrify me but that last pic looks a wonderful place to wake up to. The Dandies looking good too.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sat 18 May 2013, 12:52 am

£35 for camping it's like being back in the UK. Ah no you have sun.

Signs for your return to France. Must confess I knew the yellow rectangle but not the other signs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Sat 18 May 2013, 7:08 pm

Terrific pictures Cas, sounds like you're having a great adventure.

Don't forget to post the names of the sites - I'll be collecting them for future reference Smile
    Jennywren

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 Empty Well done onward ever onward!!!!

Post by Jennywren Sun 19 May 2013, 1:53 am

Well Done Caz challenges met and overcome.

I'm enjoying your posts and wot a glorious photo of camping in the mountains!

AND you are getting SUN its still decidedly chilly in UK with cold winds on occasions... too often !!

Wishing you well Jennywren

Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Mon 20 May 2013, 8:29 pm

Pizza getting excited real pizza!!
    Things to bear in mind in Italy (where we were)
    10mins can mean anything bar 10mins walk generally they drive everywhere and timing is down to driving
    Zebra crossings life in your hands just depends on the person aiming their car at you whether they stop or NOT!
    Anyway off we go set off on this 10mins walk hour goes passed and we have turned left and right following what we think is the main road to the centre of Alba for pizza
    “Oh! Look Marble wow forgot Italy is marble place wow!” the next thing I have a gorilla of a hand grabbing the back of my neck and with a vice grip fog marched me to the pavement well not only have I got my friend stating with gritted teeth “you silly B*@tch they don’t stop” my son rabbiting on about what was I doing stopping in the middle of the road and to top that I have an Italian going on at me and boy don’t they go on didn’t understand a word but don’t think he said “ wow you gorgeous voluptuous woman it would be a waste to see you being damaged by a car “ all I can say is they should not make their Zebra crossings out of gorgeous white and red marble what a waste felt like coming back after dark and whipping it all up but with the grief I got think that would be a bad Idea any way we finally get to the centre and sit down on the street ( the restaurant just opened and put table out on the street with tablecloths and cutlery) you just have to mind when cars decide to shoot down but this seem to be the norm and ordered our PIZZA and wow never will the British pizza ever be the same I could not finish mine and was given a box to take away, the Italian earlier found me again and proceeded to explain to the whole world where he found me with shocking looks from the fellow dinners … then we wandered around for a while being 8pm taking in the evening my son had forgotten to moan about his legs hurting as we made him walk found a Ice-cream parlour and I pigged out on double pistachio of to camp we set enjoying our ice-creams of course “I know the way it’s just down this road”
    Hours later we are getting fed up ice-creams eaten and my son starts him moaning we stopped a few people and asked if they knew the way to camp but no my son was getting cross with us as we according to him must ask if they speak English then ask not to try pigeon Italian we kept going when we met a very helpful couple and brought their mother out which produced a map to show that we were not even on the map so we had to turn around walk back the way we came and when we get to the map she pointed the way to go Oh! I did ask if they have a number for a Taxi but apparently Alba is too small for a taxi ha ha SMALL! Cardigan can be walked from top to bottom and we have 3 taxi services and you’re telling us we are not on the map!!!My god did I have earache all the way from my son his legs hurt but not as much pain as I was in as he lent his arms on my shoulder ( which I burnt earlier) and they were smarting but I best keep my mouth shut as I was in enough trouble as it was , we stopped a young man bless him he said to us” do you speak English” with relief we said yes then he hit us with the bad news we were a very long walk from the edge of the map we eventually got back to camp at 11pm the only thing that worried me was the car following us for a while it had vigilante on it ,I did think at first it was the police as it had a light on the top but my friend said just walk away and keep going then It was mentioned to order a pizza to be delivered and we would hitch a lift lol yep getting delirious as the legs started to ache and my waist was getting thinner walked off the double ice-cream not good soon made up for the loss the next day sitting by the pool with cake!!!!
    Back in France and the giro
    Here is me posing and set up for the boys to cycle past yep to video of them but yet again the excitement the video wobbles a bit ok jumps up and down allot lol tomorrow we are off to get the photos and hoping for an autograph or two mind you anyone on a bike will sign
    my car dressed for the occaision
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 21 May 2013, 10:46 am

Marble ..... do the workmen wear high vis vests there, next time you go borrow one from John but remember your Dandy has 750kg suspension Twisted Evil

The ice cream sounds lovely, and the pizza I'm having for tea is going to be a let down now Sad

I love those pictures Caz and your holiday diary Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1710857839 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1710857839 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1710857839
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Tue 21 May 2013, 7:32 pm

mugging the cyclists for their paw print got the winning guy he was very nice man not like Cavendish or Cadel Evans who both said NO sorry No ha fall off your bikes then was my thought I know not nice Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 344726530
    the man himself NIBOLI Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1468157981 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1468157981 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 1468157981 see my hand just hovering he was lovely chap
    I got many more paw prints but not the big boys except him above
    they were all at the start when my friend said lets go around the corner and catch them coming through the town OK not far so off we went at a fast pace when wham or should i say splat ( yep you've guessed it with out a safety net going for stunt woman of the year )the pavement came up and met me I looked like the big pink blamonge got helped to my feet by a very nice gentleman all my friend could say was " she needs more water with that" yep he's off my Christmas card list of 2020 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224
    of those that remember we were going to take our bikes but my friend chickened out at the last miute and did not tell me until we were loading up so guess what got a LADIES bike from the supermarket here and have to tie it onto the dandy for the return journey I can ride this one affraid Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 2702329197 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 2702329197 Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 2702329197

well all good things must come to an end Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 9639063 off on the return journey tomorrow bye for now
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 21 May 2013, 7:42 pm

Glad you are having a great time bounce bounce bounce and got some paw prints. Smile
    Have a safe journey back.

jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Wed 22 May 2013, 9:19 am

I note that there isn't a picture of you actually riding your bike, just carefully posed "static" shots.

At least you're not lying by the side of it with your legs in the air (which you have told us is more usual) Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3462454224

The piccies are great now you've got it on mountain instead of flower Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 184121345 , it makes me want to be there.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 22 May 2013, 10:44 am

Cazz a good Welsh girl such as yourself has a row of throbbing hearts displayed for a bloke dressed in pink and powder blue.
    No wonder the men in your area took up with sheep.
    Jennywren

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 Empty Giro D'ITALIA

Post by Jennywren Wed 22 May 2013, 2:57 pm

Giro D'ITALIA - Page 3 3517506835 WOWSER Caz well done great stuff!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 11:29 pm