Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
Helen
mike
dantro
7 posters

Dandy wanted

dantro
    dantro

Dandy wanted Empty Dandy wanted

Post by dantro Sat 26 Jan 2013, 11:52 pm

Hi all, new to Dandy camping and looking for our first camper, does anyone know of a good one for sale for around £1000-£1500 would be very much appreciated if you could let us know. Very Happy
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Dandy wanted Empty Re: Dandy wanted

Post by mike Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:17 am

Dandy wanted 1217042266 to the forum,with that budget you should have no trouble,have you a model in mind.

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 9:54 am

Welcome to the Dandy Campers, we keep an eye out for Dandy's for sale and put them on the forum Very Happy

carl
    carl

Post by carl Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

dantro wrote:Hi all, new to Dandy camping and looking for our first camper, does anyone know of a good one for sale for around £1000-£1500 would be very much appreciated if you could let us know. Very Happy

I may have to sell my dandy 6 (high side) has a dandy sun canopy and also a canvas awning were are you as i am in Cumbria
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:06 am

Sorry to hear that Carl,the work you put in should give some one a great unit.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 11:10 am

You could put it's own thread on here with an appropriate title and a few photo's and details carl Smile
    dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

Hi, thanks for the welcomes peeps. I'm really after a dandy dart or 4 maybe a destiny would need to be winterised and have a heater so being quite specific. Am going to look at one today actually for £1500 that will hopefully meet my requirements..
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 12:07 pm

Good luck, hope it's the Dandy for you ...... let us know how you get on Very Happy
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:26 pm

dantro wrote:Hi, thanks for the welcomes peeps. I'm really after a dandy dart or 4 maybe a destiny would need to be winterised and have a heater so being quite specific. Am going to look at one today actually for £1500 that will hopefully meet my requirements..

With a small amount of patience you should easily get any of the rear entry Dandys within that budget. A bit lost on the
    I'm really after a dart or 4 maybe a destiny would need to be winterised and have a heater
    I get that you want the extra insulation and heater even though I think you would be surprised at how much warmer an uninsulated Dandy is than a canvas trailer tent. Not quite certain if you are saying that you only want the Dart/4 size or would look at up to a Destiny? If I've miss read you sorry if not are you aware of all the sizes? See:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dandy wanted 3355420168 Carl sorry if the Destiny is going after all the work that you put into it. Hope we're not going to lose you. I was looking at one of your photos the other day.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Was that an American trailer tent you were towing? How did you get on with the; lights, brakes, mains in fact pretty much everything?
    Now of course we're all Dandy through and through but a bit of a piece on this might be most illuminating.
    dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

Sorry confused on the models upto a designer I meant, don't want anything too large. It's not actually for me as I already have a lovely retro 70s orange 4 which is going to be a bit of a project for me. It's for my cousin and her family as they are our camping partners.

Out of interest as I know it's the Wrong section but does anyone know if its at all possible to retro fit windows in the wings of a dandy 4?

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:53 pm

dantro wrote:Sorry confused on the models upto a designer I meant, don't want anything too large. It's not actually for me as I already have a lovely retro 70s orange 4 which is going to be a bit of a project for me. It's for my cousin and her family as they are our camping partners.

Out of interest as I know it's the Wrong section but does anyone know if its at all possible to retro fit windows in the wings of a dandy 4?

A project in orange Phoenix is your man and also your woman just to confuse things: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WRT the windows possible with heat welding or courtesy of Ian at Riva. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 27 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

dantro wrote:Sorry confused on the models upto a designer I meant, don't want anything too large. It's not actually for me as I already have a lovely retro 70s orange 4 which is going to be a bit of a project for me. It's for my cousin and her family as they are our camping partners.

Dont see why not its just pvc welding,maybe riva could do it.

mike
    dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

I did send riva an email once about it but had no reply, I'll have to try again. When I say project it certainly isn't to that level! Lovely job done though. Mine is ready to use just needs a good clean then interior needs a bit of a remodel, hope not to offend the purists but I want it too match my other project a VW T4,

The canopy on that one is it what I've seen called the sun canopy? Does anyone know where I can get one too match as I only have the full awning.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:32 pm

It will be like looking for a needle in a haystack ..... couldn't you get some pvc and copy the roof of your Dandy awning .... producing a canopy you could use with the awning frame as an alternative. Smile

dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

That's what I was thinking if not, maybe the chap who makes the covers is able to do one similar.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:44 pm

You can get the pvc from ebay, just cut out the shape and stick some eyelets on and a few shoe laces to tie off inside the Dandy.
    dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:48 pm

Can you, thanks for that Helen great tip. Such a helpful forum this is Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm

Here's a link of an example, it's per metre and you can choose your colour too

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

You need an eyelet tool but campshops sell them and the eyelets

Example of the eyelets

You only have to search for pvc tarpaulin and lots of stuff comes up that would suit. Very Happy

dantro
    dantro

Post by dantro Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

Thanks for all your help Helen Dandy wanted 1710857839
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 27 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

Your welcome Very Happy
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sun 27 Jan 2013, 8:08 pm

dantro wrote:I did send riva an email once about it but had no reply, I'll have to try again. When I say project it certainly isn't to that level! Lovely job done though. Mine is ready to use just needs a good clean then interior needs a bit of a remodel, hope not to offend the purists but I want it too match my other project a VW T4,

The canopy on that one is it what I've seen called the sun canopy? Does anyone know where I can get one too match as I only have the full awning.

Hello and Dandy wanted 936075699 dantro

If you are referring to the canopy on Phoenix, yes it is a sun canopy. It is the original one as far as we know. From what we gather when ordered from new you could specify whether you wanted an awning or sun canopy. It is made from a canvass material and fixed to the top of the side wall and side support rails with pop studs. The front wraps round the front support rail and is again fixed back to its self with pop studs. It has one guide string on each of the front corners. Smile

Hope this helps.
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Sun 27 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm

Hi Dantro, Dandy wanted 1217042266 to the forum. Dandy wanted 1066248140
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 27 Jan 2013, 10:39 pm

You sent Ian an email. Don't think either Riva or TVS ever read emails. Well there is no great evidence that they reply.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

I never got a reply when I emailed Ian last year either Neutral he did answer the phone though Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:49 am