Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing Empty Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing

Post by ShaunJUK Tue 28 May 2013, 8:19 am

I have started this thread for all those little hints and tips that we do but don't warrant a full thread as they will get lost in the archives after a week.

I will start, after reading the damper thread and Helen using lighter fluid to remove sticky marks, I always use sunflower oil, just wipe on, give it a moment to soak and wipe away.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing Empty Re: Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing

Post by Helen Tue 28 May 2013, 8:26 am

Great idea Shaun Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing 1710857839

Silicone spray is amazing for tough awning zips give them a blast and they glide like new, if you use it on the U bars and also give the inside of the roof a polish with Mr sheen you'll find that the roof glides over the bars easily when erecting your Dandy.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing Empty Re: Old Fashioned Tips for Dandy Cleaning / Servicing

Post by Tow Itch Tue 28 May 2013, 8:57 am

ShaunJUK wrote:I have started this thread for all those little hints and tips that we do but don't warrant a full thread as they will get lost in the archives after a week.

I will start, after reading the damper thread and Helen using lighter fluid to remove sticky marks, I always use sunflower oil, just wipe on, give it a moment to soak and wipe away.

One of the bad things about this forum is that we have never indexed solutions, so answers are buried at an increasing depth as the weeks go by. Paradoxically it's also one of the good things as newer members tend to get a personal answer and a reference to the older threads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:14 am