Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Eilis
Keith
6 posters

Inner Bedroom tent

Keith
    Keith

Inner Bedroom tent Empty Inner Bedroom tent

Post by Keith Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

Just wondering if anyone knows if a bedroom tent off a Pennine pullamn or similar would fit a Dandy 6 and where to get hold of one, I've searched the web but with no success. We are after one so the grandkids will go to sleep a little easier.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Inner Bedroom tent Empty Re: Inner Bedroom tent

Post by Eilis Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:54 am

i'm probably being dim here but do you want it for inside the dandy or the awning? if you want it in the awning a little pup tent would probably work as well and be easy to get hold of too - in fact that might work in the dandy too and be part of the adventure of camping for them Smile
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:28 am

I'm not sure of the sizes Keith but you could always ask what the length and width of the base of the bedroom are, if it will fit the bed area then you can always hang it from the roof-bars with a bit of ingenuity, I think privacy curtains are the best bet, they are easy to make and just hang from the roof bars and no searching for zips in the night if they need to take a trip.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:46 am

i agree with helen that a privacy curtain is probably going to be easier for you and you can get nice dark material to block out any light to help them sleep, i think inner tents tend to be light
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

The only problem with the dandy awning is that they sweat being pvc.I have noticed this having both a PVC and a modern Movelite awning.It does seem to condensate less when on Hard standing.We still prefer the Dandy awning though as it looks the part and its so strong.See this its a universal inner tent,although it may be too big for the awning? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sog2

Post by sog2 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

We have one of these universal inner tents, used it twice last year in the awning of the Delta. No problem fitting, just added and played with elastics at the top and it hangs on awning roof poles. Size wise the floor area in it was a good fit for a double airbed, think it took up about a third of the awning on the Delta. They do let a lot of light through, we are planning to cut a dark sheet to cover top with a next time we fit it. Folds into bag about 12" long x 9" diam.

Richard
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

sog2 wrote:We have one of these universal inner tents, used it twice last year in the awning of the Delta. No problem fitting, just added and played with elastics at the top and it hangs on awning roof poles. Size wise the floor area in it was a good fit for a double airbed, think it took up about a third of the awning on the Delta. They do let a lot of light through, we are planning to cut a dark sheet to cover top with a next time we fit it. Folds into bag about 12" long x 9" diam.

Richard

If you buy a cheap coloured bed sheet from say asda it may be good idea to give it a good wash first,we found a burgundy one that we used for a roof liner in the delta,some colour came out and we could not remove it off the white pvc.

mike
    sog2

Post by sog2 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

Thank you Mike, will do that before cutting to size.

richard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:19 am