Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

dandy awning poles

chloedavis

dandy awning poles Empty dandy awning poles

Post by chloedavis Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:20 pm

Hi  I desperately need a set of awning poles for a 1988  6 berth dandy please can anyone help.Thank you
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

dandy awning poles Empty Re: dandy awning poles

Post by Helen Thu 27 Jun 2013, 8:53 am

If you don't manage to get any and I know from the fb group you've already contacted Ian at Riva ...... why not buy a set of awning poles for a caravan awning,  lots are adjustable so with a little fabrication to where they join the actually Dandy you could end up with an adapted set of awning poles providing you go for some that are from an awning of similar size to the Dandy awning. For the weight of the awning I'd suggest you look for the older type steel awning poles. Depending on where you live I think I have an awning frame somewhere lurking in the back of the garage you could try. It's from when I tried a caravan awning on my Dandy, we used part Dandy frame and part awning frame as an easy option but the poles could still be adapted with a little effort.
    navver

Post by navver Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:03 am

Would poles from a smaller dandy be a help. I would think the only difference would be the length of the eaves poles along the front and they could be adapted quite easily. Are there still 5 roof poles on a 6 awning like a designer.

The length of a 6 awning is less than the dandy so a designer, discovery or 5 set may be pretty close. If so, it opens up the options for finding a set.
    navver

Post by navver Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

This thread shows some pics of another awning being modified to fit including making some hooks for the ends of the poles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

We can't at the moment but when we next open our 6 up we could measure and photograph our set of poles. Then if needed you could make some up. They wouldn't be that difficult to fabricate or get fabricated if you have the sizes and dimensions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 2:40 pm