Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale

viper42

Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale  Empty Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale

Post by viper42 Sun 28 Jul 2013, 11:56 pm

Dandy Destiny 6 for sale
    We are selling our Dandy Destiny 6, it comes with a huge Outwell coastal road 'drive away awning' complete with 2 x 2 berth inner tents making this a 10 (YES TEN) birth combination, it also comes with a almost new Campa Privvy toilet tent and Royal porta loo, both only used for 1 week.

The Dandy is a 1995 light blue and white model and is in good condition for its age, it has one gas strut on side wall, winterised roof, double glazed windows, 3 way fridge, wardrobe and drawers, full inner roof lining and curtains throughout, 4 ring gas cooker unit with grill and sink.

It is not mains powered but we use a camping extension that goes under the canvas and clips on to the frame, we also have a strip light, both are include in the sale. There is a 12v pump but we have never used this.

The awning fits under the Dandy canvas and tied to the framework which is then tightened down making this fully weatherproof, the space between the camper and the awning is large enough for the toilet tent to fit so you do not have to go out side to use the loo.

There was a small hole from previous owner where one of the gas stuts came off and went through the wall, this has now been covered up by using an external power socket and looks good, I have not wired this in yet as not sure where to route cable and will leave this up to new owner, pictures are available of inside hole which is covered by the seat cushions and not noticable, also there was some other damage which was badly finished and spayed, i have now rubbed this down and covered this with matching blue vinyl.

Before it goes on the dreaded Ebay

£1300 ono

Email me for pics [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale  Empty Re: Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale

Post by Tow Itch Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:38 am

I do feel pictures would help an awful lot. You have been here long enough to post have you read: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    If you have problems with this please send an email with photo attachment(s) to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the same time add a post to say you have forwarded pictures and we will host them.
    If your Dandy is 1995 I'm imagining a Highside Destiny with an integral 3 way fridge but people get mixed up over the years and a Lowside destiny with a 3 way fridge would be a very different deal.

Also:
    There was a small hole from previous owner where one of the gas stuts came off and went through the wall, this has now been covered up by using an external power socket and looks good, I have not wired this in yet as not sure where to route cable and will leave this up to new owner, pictures are available of inside hole which is covered by the seat cushions and not noticable, also there was some other damage which was badly finished and spayed, i have now rubbed this down and covered this with matching blue vinyl.
    Is this other damage from the gas strut?

The Dandy is a 1995 light blue and white model and is in good condition for its age, it has one gas strut on side wall, winterised roof, double glazed windows, 3 way fridge, wardrobe and drawers, full inner roof lining and curtains throughout, 4 ring gas cooker unit with grill and sink.
    I'd imagine 3 gas struts plus one failed one.

Photos would be so helpful with any Dandy but in this case there was a Highside Destiny with an alternative awning that had come off its axle and damaged its offside. This was hawked for a good period of time and might be in peoples mind when they see your description. So pictures and a description of how long you have owned this may well help a sale.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale  Empty Re: Dandy Destiny 6 with large awning for sale

Post by Tow Itch Mon 29 Jul 2013, 12:32 pm

I'd not read your ad too well. If it has double glazing it must be a Highside Destiny.
    Anyone who has read this forum for a long time will remember this Highside Destiny being for sale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Unfortunately photos of it are no longer available but photos of yours would help as many of us can remember details of the one for sale in 2012 and we could verify that yours was not the same.
    Our major concern would be matching damage to the rear of the offside wheel.

I hope I'm not appearing too fierce. We want to protect members buying but I also wan't you to realise why interest may be slow when you have a Highside Destiny for sale at what looks like a very reasonable price.
    viper42

Post by viper42 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

Hi, sorry for any confusion, I tried to post pics up but the site would not let me.
    You are right it is a 95 Highside model
    We have only ever had one gas strut on the opposite to the door side, as we never had one on door side we didnt know any differant so it has never been a problem.
    The damage from the strut was minor.
    Not sure how the other damage was made but it is only cosmetic (possibly a reversing scrape) but was badly filled and sprayed, I could not find an exact colour match so next best thing was to cover with blue vinyl.
    There is definatly no chassis or wheel damage and is structurally sound.

The reason for selling is twofold
    1. we stupidly thought our, now grown up, kids and grandchildren would like to go on holiday with us so we spent a lot of money making this large enough and comfortable for all of them and now they dont want to go.
    2. we have recently moved and we are now able to fit a 2 berth caravan on our drive/garden

I will send pics over so you can post them for me.
    Thanks
    julie72
    julie72

Post by julie72 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 8:48 pm

Embarassed  lol

Last edited by julie72 on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replied in the wrong place)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:20 pm

Photos

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry I can't get the image showing the awning to upload. I've downloaded the image (IMG_2819.JPG) but can't get it to upload. If one of the other moderators would like to try please feel free. A pity as it's a barn of an awning.
    navver

Post by navver Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:28 pm

Just wondering why it's got new colour seat covers if it's a '95.
    viper42

Post by viper42 Mon 29 Jul 2013, 11:33 pm

navver wrote:Just wondering why it's got new colour seat covers if it's a '95.

Sorry cant answer that one thats how we bought it
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 30 Jul 2013, 12:56 am

Sorry the awning pic won't load for us too.
    viper42

Post by viper42 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this might help
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Sun 04 Aug 2013, 8:34 am

This is now on eBay   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    viper42

Post by viper42 Thu 29 Aug 2013, 12:52 pm

Now sold
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 29 Aug 2013, 1:03 pm

thanks for the courtesy to post Viper. So many people don't bother. Hope you got a fair price.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 9:29 am