Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
mike
Helen
bideford
7 posters

I obviously can't get enough.....

bideford

I obviously can't get enough..... Empty I obviously can't get enough.....

Post by bideford Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

Got a 24 year old VW campervan and looking to drag an fine old Dandy along for the ride (and lose the ever growing kids in the process.....) - wish me luck!
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

I obviously can't get enough..... Empty Re: I obviously can't get enough.....

Post by Helen Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:58 am

Hi and Welcome, sounds like a plan to me. I would love to have something other than the car to sit in on days out and have the Dandy to come back to.

I am sure when the others return from the meet they will all wish you well on your latest adventure.

I obviously can't get enough..... 1217042266 and Good Luck

Helen
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

bideford wrote:Got a 24 year old VW campervan and looking to drag an fine old Dandy along for the ride (and lose the ever growing kids in the process.....) - wish me luck!

Welcome,i really love people that still have a VW camper and even more if they have a dandy to tow :arghh:lets be honest its got to be one of the most ideal combinations and ime not in the least jealous.
    lol!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 02 Jul 2011, 7:21 am

PS

Can we see some pictures of the VW please,i may as well get really jealous Very Happy
    bideford

Post by bideford Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

I am now the lucky (or unlucky!) owner of a Dandy courtesy of fleabay.....let the journey commence.

Pics of the van, as requested:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Other than offloading the growing kids out of the van there is a real reason for my madness! We are all off to Camperjam next weekend (my brother and his partner has an old VW Bay) with several other families all in vans or tents (it's a regular meet up...). Our Mum (bless her) has always been jealous of our trips so this year we hired a lovely old Eriba caravan (and fitted a tow bar to the van to boot) to accommodate the old lady. Best laid plans and all that but disaster struck - emailed last week to be told the caravan was a write off. A tent (given here age etc.) not the best solution, so, one thing led to another and here we are!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 03 Jul 2011, 6:18 am

Nice van,lets hope the dandy is ready for immediate use and you all have a great time,in all my years with VWs i always camped in something else using the camper for transport and some great days out,especially in the winter.

mike
    bideford

Post by bideford Mon 04 Jul 2011, 3:58 pm

Just picked it up this lunchtime. Seller had it erected when I arrived and showed me how to dismantle/erect and dismantle - very nice and helpful family!

Ebay has been kind. It is in mint condition inside and out!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

bideford wrote:Just picked it up this lunchtime. Seller had it erected when I arrived and showed me how to dismantle/erect and dismantle - very nice and helpful family!

Hope mum enjoys it

mike
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Mon 04 Jul 2011, 5:44 pm

bideford wrote:Just picked it up this lunchtime. Seller had it erected when I arrived and showed me how to dismantle/erect and dismantle - very nice and helpful family!

That's great news I obviously can't get enough..... 184121345
    I obviously can't get enough..... 1428739134
    bideford

Post by bideford Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:22 pm

mike wrote:

Hope mum enjoys it

mike

Rang her with the news this afternoon - "I'll be round tonight" - can't wait until she see's it!
    bideford

Post by bideford Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

helen wrote:

That's great news I obviously can't get enough..... 184121345

Cheers!
    Lol and Steve
    Lol and Steve

Post by Lol and Steve Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

Your mum will love it, it is luxury camping after all (GLAMPING)

lol!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 05 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

really pleased you managed to find a good dandy so quickly

bet your mum loves it Very Happy
    bideford

Post by bideford Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

Dandy all packed up and ready to go - cannot believe the storage space in the trailer - managed to offload campervan awning/poles, sleeping bags, etc (careful not to overload) which gives us the added bonus of extra room in the van. Had a spare car battery all charged so that's in as well for lighting. Gas bottles to fill tomorrow.

Just have to do the van now.....

It may seem a bit soft but my 80 year old mum is rocking with the idea of a trip down to Camperjam. She will be setting off from Leeds on Friday with us (including 2 grandchildren) , meeting up with my brother, partner and niece (3rd grandchild) at Derby in their camper and then we will all travel down to Weston park to spend a weekend amongst friends (about 5 campervans and 4 tents) in a field full of VW campers (and not a few oddities).

Lets hope we see some sun!
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 05 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

i think it's amazing that your mum goes camping with you and would love the opportunity to meet her one day on a meet

hope you all have a fab time and remember pics so we can see how it went

have a great time

xx
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:34 am

Have a great time, we have family camping get togethers and it's great. sunny

Your mum will be comfortable enough in your dandy and will love having all the family around. Safe journey and enjoy cheers
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 08 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

hi bideford and I obviously can't get enough..... 936075699 hope you (and your mum) enjoy your dandy and the forum as much as we do
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:47 pm

My set up before dandys

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

now that's just greedy
    bideford

Post by bideford Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

Hi All - apologies for taking so long to update but work/life somewhat manic at the moment.

Camperjam was a game of two halves really - arrived safely on Friday, Mum enjoyed Friday night and Saturday morning but unfortunately was taken ill on Saturday evening and spent the night at Telford hospital - but returned in the morning to enjoy Sunday.

Other than Sat night it was all good and she thoroughly enjoyed it. Wants to come next year.....

Anyway, next trip is to France on Wednesday for 10 days. The kids are in the Dandy and Nikki and I are in the Campervan - space for us all at last!!

Will post some pics of Camperjam and France when I get time in the holiday Snaps forum.

James
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:56 pm

glad you enjoyed camperjam,
    sorry to hear your mum took ill but glad she managed to enjoy herself,
    nick and i keep toying with the idea of taking our dandy to the continent but living so far north its either hideously expensive to get there or tons of driving we will have to come up with some sort of tour plan for next year
    looking forward to the pic cheers
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:17 am

Pleased you enjoyed it and mums ok now,not letting the grass grow under your feet i see, France for your second dandy outing Very Happy
    bideford

I obviously can't get enough..... Empty Me again - been a while!

Post by bideford Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted - thought I would check in again.

We did France (Leeds/Portsmouth/St Malo/La Cote Sauvage - near Royan, below La Rochelle) last August with the Camper and Dandy - 1000 mile round trip with no problem. Kids slept in the Dandy leaving us breathing space in the van. Kids loved it (having the extra space certainly helped). Stopped off a couple of places and can now erect/dismantle Dandy in minutes. The storage space in the trailer also made life a lot more bearable in the van. Fantastic trip all round!

So good were already looking to book this year. Also taking Grandma to CamperJam again to meet up with everyone again in July.

Here's to the new year and next season!

James
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

Pleased its worked so well for you, have fun Very Happy
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 05 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

You have probably already had your monies worth so all extra trips are now a bonus lol!

It's great that it's worked out so well I obviously can't get enough..... 1710857839

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 9:58 am