Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+4
Eilis
Tow Itch
Jennywren
Mennace
8 posters

First trip - Let's get back to basics.

Mennace
    Mennace

First trip - Let's get back to basics. Empty First trip - Let's get back to basics.

Post by Mennace Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:06 am

....and so it has FINALLY come to me doing my first ever trip in my Dandy 4/5

These photos are much less about the campsite and more about the Dandy. (But if you are curious, we went here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . It was alright, nothing fun to do on site, but we enjoyed it thoroughly as we were only there for the Dandy anyway).

Heading off - The tow hitch was literally mounted 2 hours before I left!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All set up!

The (surprisingly comfortable) bed

The very handy kitchen unit

The very tired but amazing girlfriend

Dinner served! (Pasta done on the kitchen unit, effortless and delicious!

All set up and 'Dandy' as can be Smile

*Edit - Fixed the image links
    Jennywren

First trip - Let's get back to basics. Empty Re: First trip - Let's get back to basics.

Post by Jennywren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:12 am

Hi folks,

lovely weather, lovely pics Well Done!

We recently had our first trip and enjoyed it.We were also surprised how comfy the bed

Here's looking forward to more Dandy Outings

Jennywren

Last edited by Jennywren on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smiley things didn't work so I removed the string of letters)
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

First trip - Let's get back to basics. Empty Re: First trip - Let's get back to basics.

Post by Tow Itch Tue 20 Aug 2013, 3:13 am

Tryping test:oops: Embarassed
    The smileys don't work without a space between them and the text.
    I think this changed a few months ago.
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 20 Aug 2013, 7:58 am

Love that extra side unit next to the hob!!

Lovely looking dandy and v comfy looking bed Smile

Glad you enjoyed your first trip XX
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:26 am

Great pictures, your Dandy looks very cosy Very Happy the beds are seriously comfortable ........ we've had our Dandy a long long time and I'm still amazed by it First trip - Let's get back to basics. 184121345 
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

Good to hear that your first trip went well Very Happy 

Remember to uncoil that EHU lead fully if you're using anything more powerful than a battery charger on it, otherwise the cable will overheat.

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:34 pm

Glad you had a good time. Very Happy 
    May it be the first of many happy Dandy trips. sunny
    Mennace
    Mennace

Post by Mennace Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:41 pm

peridot wrote:
    Good to hear that your first trip went well Very Happy 

Remember to uncoil that EHU lead fully if you're using anything more powerful than a battery charger on it, otherwise the cable will overheat.

This has happened once at a friends house where he ran two heating coils on the same extension lead. I warned him about it but he claimed it would be fine. Needless to say, it melted together, somehow didn't short the electricity and now it's not much of an extension, more just a bundle of plastic with wires.

Thankfully my Dad taught me about this so I've always been wary about it. I was only using lights inside the Dandy and charging my phone, so I wasn't too worried about killing any circuitry just yet.

I must commend you on being able to spot it though, I just looked back at my photos and it isn't that obvious to spot in my opinion!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:27 am

First trip - Let's get back to basics. 184121345 great photo's and she looks great I love the kitchen unit when there is nothing to do on site always have a pack of cards great times and games played by candle light First trip - Let's get back to basics. 3462454224 First trip - Let's get back to basics. 3462454224 
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:25 pm

Mennace wrote:
    Thankfully my Dad taught me about this so I've always been wary about it. I was only using lights inside the Dandy and charging my phone, so I wasn't too worried about killing any circuitry just yet.

I must commend you on being able to spot it though, I just looked back at my photos and it isn't that obvious to spot in my opinion!
    I was slightly embarrassed at pointing it out as from your previous posts it's clear that you're likely to be aware of the problems it can cause - it was mainly for the benefit of others. As an industrial electrician by training I've seen numerous molten 'artworks' resulting from ignorance of the heating effect of coiled cables, and one serious burn injury due to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 10:16 pm