Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
Caz1960
didididum
6 posters

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???)

didididum

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) Empty Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???)

Post by didididum Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:22 pm

Hello everyone!
    Desolate North indeed, so beautiful that at the tender ages of 55 and 57 we took to camping again this year.

However, since a neighbour was kind enough to demo his beloved Discovery, we have just sold our lovely but huge tent (it had a mind of it's own!) - and are now joining in the search to become Dandy owners.

Already we are realising just how POPULAR and INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT Dandy's are to find.  We are busy trawling the web for our own destiny- light blue Destiny model from around 1990-1903. If anyone can point us in the right direction or give us advice on where to buy and any faults to be aware of , we would be delighted to become true Dandy campers!
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) Empty Re: Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???)

Post by Caz1960 Thu 19 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 1217042266 Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 1217042266 Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 1217042266 Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 1217042266 

great to hear once your hooked !!!! your hooked and I am a strong believer she/he will find you Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 3462454224 
    good luck and as we all trawl the internet i am sure they will crop up
    navver

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) Empty Re: Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???)

Post by navver Thu 19 Sep 2013, 11:12 pm

Hi Dididum and welcome.

There are highside and lowside destinies in that era. Highside have a built in fridge and a chest of drawers etc. and are higher so you can't see over the top when towing. There are loads of brown 6s which are the same as the low side destiny and they go for low money.

Light blue destinies do seem to be in short supply, there are loads of designers etc. Now is a good time of year to buy as prices are a lot lower than at the start of the season.

peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:03 am

Hi and welcome didididum cheers 

A great first post as you will shortly have a dozen other folk sharing your search and helping you find your Dandy.

It will arrive ... just relax and enjoy the thrill of the chase.

When are you hoping to have one by?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:38 am

Hi and welcome to the Dandy Campers ...... now you've posted and people know what your looking for you can bet that everyone will be helping with the search to find your Dandy Very Happy 
    didididum

Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) Empty A great welcome! Thanks

Post by didididum Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi all,
    Thanks for all your welcomes and encouragement. We would welcome any information on finding he-she. We were wondering if the 5/6 models were cramped between table seating and cooker/cupboards?

Just been reading some of the past posts on here and enjoying your banter. Now I know what is meant by "I will know when he/she comes along". Does every Dandy have a name then? Very Happy 

Not sure there are many up here mind you, but we did just miss out on a localish 'Designer' for £600. Neutral  I wish there was somewhere we could look at loads of Dandy's together so we could see the differences between them all= it is so confusing at the moment.
    We would like to adopt our Dandy asap but cost could be the final decider. Beauty on ebay but too rich for us at the moment.

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:57 am

Hi didididum. Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 1217042266 My late wife came from that area. She still had relatives in Morpeth, Pegswood etc up to the late 80's. Although most of the ones of her age or older may have passed on by now the younger ones should still be around somewhere. I haven't had cause to visit any of them for many a year, so where they may be living now is a mystery. On the other hand her younger sister & husband live (literally) just a stone's throw from me with her 3 younger brothers scattered around the Rotherham area.

Have you seen the 3 Dandys up for sale on eBay at the moment? Unfortunately none of them are particularly close to you at 180-200 miles. The 6-berth might be worth a look, but without any pics on the auction description it's a bit of a gamble. At least the price is right. £500 for a six must be tempting even if it is an older one with the depressingly dark brown walls. Perhaps you could have the seller email you a few photos of it.

I'm sure you realise that condition is everything when viewing a used Dandy. Not many would be willing to go to the lengths as detailed in the 'Phoenix' thread even though the result is obviously well worth the effort. Fortunately they're built on strong chassis/frames and can withstand a lot of hard wear & tear. Good luck in finding one that will suit both your purposes and pocket Hi from Morpeth ( in the desolate North!!!!???) 184121345 
    navver

Post by navver Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

didididum wrote:Hi all,
    We were wondering if the 5/6 models were cramped between table seating and cooker/cupboards?
    The designer table swivels on the upright centre leg. The leg is offset to one side and we tend to keep it swivelled so it overhangs the bed by day. If you want to use it for dining you can swivel it to get in and swivel it back again. I can get in OK though and I'm 6'4". This is ours swivelled round over the bed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Prices have been low at this time of year with lots for sale and few buying. You may find they are higher at the start of next season and may peak in Feb/March, several weeks before Easter. What you buy for £800 now could be £1200 next spring although no-one can be certain of this.

I bought ours from Riva/Dandy (Ian) in Wigan which is no closer to Bristol than you are. There aren't many down here either. Might be worth giving him a ring and see what he has in; the web site is not always up to date. If it's the right dandy, it's worth travelling a couple of hundred miles for. I'm sure many on here have travelled for theirs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 12:42 am