Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

cooking stove from a coke can

mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

cooking stove from a coke can Empty cooking stove from a coke can

Post by mike Thu 07 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

They seem to be all the rage

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Loads of info out there i know we dont need one but fun anyway.

mike
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

cooking stove from a coke can Empty Re: cooking stove from a coke can

Post by Eilis Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

frankly i'd rather drink the alcohol and use gas lol
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Thu 07 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

They are fun and a great excuse to have a couple of drinks too cheers
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 08 Jul 2011, 12:43 pm

Grate(sic) couple of links Mike. Though not relating to the everyday needs of the average Dandy camper I think it relates well to the latent pyromaniac in us all, well some, OK me and if you must know it's not that latent.
    Two further good links come from your two links the Zen Stove link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that will tell you all you want to know about homemade stoves. Probably more than you want to know. Then if you also deal with lightweight commercial stoves this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is an absolute mine of information.
    My inner pyro is majorly interested in wood stoves at the moment these fall into 3 main groups. Rocket stoves, like the principal that is used in Volcano or Kelly kettles. Fan driven wood burners that can burn a few twigs with great ferocity. My favourite is the wood gas burner that works on the gasification principle. The idea is a bit wordy for even me to explain. Do look at the links. Unfortunately if a picture is worth a thousand words then the moving pictures on You tube are only worth about 1/100th of a still picture. Good constructional video and no use of item, some just about show gasification, mainly just kids burning sticks in cans, but look at. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Unfortunately he shot this in daylight. What you should see is that when the early flames subside you get blue gas jets from the upper holes where excess air allows the gas produced to burn off. Hopefully the heat haze you can see shows that there is more heat produced than you would get from a few bits of wood burned in a can.
    Though displayed by pyros rednecks and kids these stoves are either all long used ideas or recent attempts to allow third world users to use less fuel to heat food.

Kevin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 9:55 pm