Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

rust on the cushions

manchestercamper

rust on the cushions  Empty rust on the cushions

Post by manchestercamper Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:13 pm

does anyone know if it is possible to get rust off cushions. i have just bought a designer blue 91
    but the seats have some rust on them.
    jake001
    jake001

rust on the cushions  Empty Re: rust on the cushions

Post by jake001 Tue 29 Oct 2013, 2:13 pm

Helen would have made new covers by now rust on the cushions  1705467399 

Seriously, re-covering may be the best solution in the end, and it makes your Dandy more personal.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 29 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

It will depend on you being able to free the cloth to use so it might be as easy to change the cover. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It was a revolation to me as I always thought the lingering mark in blood stains was rust but they use a different mix for rust.

You could try inverting the mattress or cushion and brushing to see if the rust is just surface and brushes out because it's not locked into the fabric. Silly question why just not invert and leave it at that, I don't suppose the rust is on the other side as well?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 29 Oct 2013, 6:32 pm

I've tried to get rust off fabric in the past and it was a waste of time and money rust on the cushions  2024858757

turn the cushions over and if your really bothered or it's bad staining then re-cover them, you could change the look just by changing the colour of the seating Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 6:03 pm