Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Cheap Propane

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Cheap Propane Empty Cheap Propane

Post by Tow Itch Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:51 pm

Fancy a touch of winter camping or just stocking up for next year?

I have mentioned these people previously [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but you had to phone before you went and check what price they would be charging you otherwise they were a bit liable to add on x, y or z to the price. Also it was only any use for anyone passing along the A580 or M6.

Just seen this on eBay the other gas prices are OK especially remembering that there is no bottle deposit and delivery is included.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Then there is the price for 6Kg propane. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  That's right £12.99.
    Cracking deal.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Cheap Propane Empty Re: Cheap Propane

Post by Tow Itch Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:47 pm

It was pointed out to me that there is an onerous term of supply on these products please see Item 5 d [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I phoned Alfresco gas and was assured that they would not be making charges for cylinders and was promised an email to confirm.

Received nothing so sent an email. Phone call to confirm that they would not charge for cylinders and promised an email. At this point still no email. Now some of you will have noticed that the terms and conditions are not listed on the eBay sales site so you may choose to buy from there.

Tow Itch wrote:To [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dec 12 at 5:23 PM
    Hello

I phoned a couple of weeks ago about your sales terms and I was promised an email in return but none was received.

To recap I had seen your ad on eBay and the price of the 6Kg propane bottles seemed very competitive. I mentioned this to some fellow gas users on the Wild Camping forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   and a smaller forum that I moderate for. I felt that there would have been some real interest other than for the rather onerous sales conditions within your standard terms and conditions but NOT repeated on your eBay shop.
    "(g) The cylinders supplied by the owner are temporarily loaned to the customer on the basis of a regular re-order of refill gas. The owner has the right to charge the customer a deposit of £29.95 + vat on each cylinder supplied if the customer does not make a re-order of refill gas for a minimum period of 3 months from their last order date."

I did phone and was told that there terms needed some tidying up and that there was no intent to make charges if a regular schedule of deliveries were not maintained. I offered an email address and was promised a reply but I have received nothing yet.
    I'm looking to make a purchase but won't be doing so under those terms, also others are interested and awaiting a reply.

Other questions.

Your website doesn't repeat the eBay offers and only refers to a few sizes of cylinders. Are the eBay prices available direct?
    Unless I'm mistaken though trading as two separate entities Flo Gas owns Mac Gas which in turn owns BP Gas. Do you accept BP cylinders as returns?
    You advertise delivery? Can you also offer these prices from particular depots as pick ups? Delivery times and windows are not always suitable.

Yours Faithfully

Then after return call from Alfresco confirming that no charge was to be made for cylinders.

Tow Itch wrote:To [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dec 15 at 10:29 PM
    Hello

You said that you  were going to send me a brief email confirming that you would not be requesting payments in retrospect for the cost of the gas cylinders. So that I had the message as a matter of record and could forward the message on to others who were potentially interested. I've not received any email from you so far

I'm still looking to buy some gas from these people so I will report my findings.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 10:23 am