Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 posters

Spring clean

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Spring clean Empty Spring clean

Post by Helen Tue 04 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

It's that time of year again ........ when Camping Season starts at all sites cheers so we're going to do what we do every year and empty the Dandy.  We find we accumulate stuff over the season so once per year usually spring time we take everything out and just put back what we actually use  Twisted Evil it makes life a lot simpler.  

We are also going to get together two piles of stuff ..... one for weekends and one for longer stays.

The weekend pile will have the sun-canopy and coolbox with it and the long stay pile will have the 3 way fridge, wardrobe and awning. We start off really organised but tend to end up taking the whole lot with us by the end lol! 

Whilst the Dandy's erected it will get a quick blast of polish and everything will get a good hoover too, the heater will be blown through and we'll run the pump with some milton's fluid.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Spring clean Empty Re: Spring clean

Post by Phoenix Tue 04 Mar 2014, 6:58 pm

We emptied both of ours out last year when we returned from each of their respective final outings.
    We even stored the cushions in the loft for safe keeping, after having a small visitor squatting in Phoenix the previous year.
    It will be a quick set up in the drive, dust down and polish then load and go when we decide on our first trip of the year.  Very Happy 
    ChrisP
    ChrisP

Spring clean Empty Spring Clean

Post by ChrisP Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:27 pm

Last weekend I removed all the junk that had accumulated over the winter on top of my dandy in the garage....does that count as a spring clean?
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:01 am

It does in my book Chris  Spring clean 184121345 

We didn't get around to doing ours as we were busy sorting out the stuff we have left from the sale of the caravan to make some space in the garage, all is now up for sale and ready to go. I'd forgotten about all that stuff ....... we can then concentrate on our spring clean and have some extra space  Very Happy I never do things by halves so during the two years we had the van I accumulated lots of stuff including several awnings  Smile 

On top of our Dandy are our chairs and a groundsheet plus some other bits and bobs.  Embarassed It's so easy to just put something on the Dandy rather than squeeze around it to the back to put stuff away properly  What a Face
    Dustindusty
    Dustindusty

Spring clean Empty spring

Post by Dustindusty Wed 12 Mar 2014, 7:31 pm

Gave my little dart a good polish inside and out . Used some of that waterless cleaner from The Range (£3.99) barely used half an inch from the bottle. It leaves the pvc all shiny and slippery.
    Going for a mid week break next mon-fri, to a little site near Caldbeck , in the Cumbrian Fells . Wish I had chosen this week . Lots of sunshine forecast .
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Wed 12 Mar 2014, 7:45 pm

there should be lots more sunshine to come ..... although it is lovely at the minute and set to be even better for the weekend  Twisted Evil 

I hope it stays well into next week for you and you have a lovely time.

Great tip about the cleaner from the range, it's a good price and no water means you can do it on site without having to keep fill up a bowl  Spring clean 184121345 
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 12 Mar 2014, 8:23 pm

Dustindusty wrote:Gave my little dart a good polish inside and out . Used some of that waterless cleaner from The Range (£3.99) barely used half an inch from the bottle. It leaves the pvc all shiny and slippery.
    Going for a mid week break next mon-fri, to a little site near Caldbeck , in the Cumbrian Fells . Wish I had chosen this week . Lots of sunshine forecast .

You didn't say if you are using the site for the first time or if it's an old faithful.
    Site reviews are always welcome.
    Dustindusty
    Dustindusty

Spring clean Empty review

Post by Dustindusty Wed 12 Mar 2014, 10:12 pm

@ Tow itch ,
    I'll take some up to date piccs of the site and facilities and post a review . As it's Cumbria , ya can take it that the views will be gorgeous . Lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:01 am