Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+6
Helen
carl
vickoir
mike
Nick
Eilis
10 posters

new bungee replacement for dandy cover

Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

new bungee replacement for dandy cover - Page 2 Empty Re: new bungee replacement for dandy cover

Post by Eilis Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:49 am

Cazz I don't suppose you could post a close up pic could you? I do worry about the cover disappearing during travel so to have a safer way would ease my anxieties (i'm usually paranoid for about the first 3 or 4 miles and then i relax that nothing is going to fall off lol)
    Cazz
    Cazz

new bungee replacement for dandy cover - Page 2 Empty Re: new bungee replacement for dandy cover

Post by Cazz Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

Eilis, no probs for the picture, i'll take one and post it up on Friday once we are home and sorted. :-)
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

thanks Cazz, want to make it look neat at the same time and as i'm totally lacking in imagination and creativity i have to steal everyone else's ideas lol!
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

Eilis wrote:thanks Cazz, want to make it look neat at the same time and as i'm totally lacking in imagination and creativity i have to steal everyone else's ideas lol!

Ours is not neat, the bounce has gone from our bungee, lol. And it's all different colours at the moment, but you'll get the idea to steal. Very Happy

Last edited by cazz on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spilling)
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

A picture of our very rough looking cover elastic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:49 am

that's brill thanks, it's kind of what i was thinking you meant so that's pleasing that i'm finally getting a dandy head lol
    joules29

Post by joules29 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

So, would I right in ordering 10 metres of 6mm thick bungee for our designer, the bungee on it is horrible..... 

Thanks Very Happy
    navver

Post by navver Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm

Yes 10m sounds about right unless its a 6 or desiny when it might be just a wee bit tight.4

My designer has to be 2m x 2m so 8m all round. A 6 is 1m longer so 10m all round. Plus the up & down bit & the knot. 11m would probably do.

Its always worth having some spare 6mm bungee.
    joules29

Post by joules29 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:52 pm

Thanks, yes I'll go for 11, just to be safe ...Laughing
    navver

Post by navver Mon 17 Jun 2013, 10:28 pm

I'd go for a tad more to be safe. I did say probably. An inch too long is fine, an inch to short is not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:57 am