Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+2
mike
discobryan
6 posters

Very happy!

discobryan
    discobryan

Very happy! Empty Very happy!

Post by discobryan Thu 20 Mar 2014, 8:07 am

Firstly allow me to apologize for not being on in a while, things have been hectic! Then was having trouble logging in but fixed that so I'm back Smile

Ok you may remember that me and my partner Stacy were looking for a dandy a while back, well we picked up a cracker in Dumfries and Galloway, came with heaps of extras and the couple were as nice as the come! So we are both delighted

Had it out twice before it became to cold and too busy for camping and love it! There is now talk of getting a bigger dandy :S ! All though I notices that there are very few going just now, but no happy with our wee dart Smile I will post up pics of our hols in the snapshot section Smile but anyway just thought that I would say hi and thank everyone for there help and advice when we were looking for our first dandy!
    Thank you!!
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Very happy! Empty Re: Very happy!

Post by mike Thu 20 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

discobryan wrote:Firstly allow me to apologize for not being on in a while, things have been hectic! Then was having trouble logging in but fixed that so I'm back Smile

Ok you may remember that me and my partner Stacy were looking for a dandy a while back, well we picked up a cracker in Dumfries and Galloway, came with heaps of extras and the couple were as nice as the come! So we are both delighted

Had it out twice before it became to cold and too busy for camping and love it! There is now talk of getting a bigger dandy :S ! All though I notices that there are very few going just now, but no happy with our wee dart :)I will post up pics of our hols in the snapshot section :)but anyway just thought that I would say hi and thank everyone for there help and advice when we were looking for our first dandy!
    Thank you!!

Very happy! 1428739134  pleased your a happy Dandy camper
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Tue 25 Mar 2014, 7:49 am

Lovely to hear from you again and congratulations on finding your Dandy, good luck in finding your next one too .... once you have the Dandy bug it's very hard to shake  Twisted Evil 
    navver

Post by navver Tue 25 Mar 2014, 9:29 pm

Congratulations and very pleased for you. There will be a few more for sale now with easter coming up but prices will probably be high.
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:54 am

Well as I said we are thinking of gettin a bigger one Smile
    Dooes anyone know if RIBA sells the awning and skirts for the darts? We are on the hunt lol
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 02 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

discobryan wrote:Well as I said we are thinking of gettin a bigger one Smile
    Dooes anyone know if RIBA sells the awning and skirts for the darts? We are on the hunt lol

RIVA (RIBA?)

I think Ian has a stock of awnings or maybe he will make them up I think I heard £400 quoted. Do you have nothing at present? I asked TVS about mating acrylic sides to a sun canopy and they were talking about a similar figure. Though it wouldn't be quite as robust it would be lighter and it would have zipout sides to aid flexibility.

Skirts. Ian does skirts, there is a terrific amount of work with flaps needing to be grafted to the roof and sides. These flaps then allow the skirts to be press studded on. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have you been in a 41/2 Delta or 5 Designer/Discovery? There is a lot more room. I'd view and step into these before spending more on your current Dart. Only thing is it's a long journey to view anything at Riva.
    Any friendly Scottish Dandy user fancy letting this man have a poke about your kit?
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Wed 02 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

Lol sorry yes riva
    Trying to do this on my phone it's a nightmare lol Smile
    Not sure what we are doing ATM but good to know they can be sourced Smile forgot to ask earlier if you can get the leg bolts, the mother in law broke the handle off one trying to move the trailer!! Shocking I know lol Smile she also broke the door holder and a reflector, needless to say there was a few words said and she doesn't move it anymore!
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw Wed 02 Apr 2014, 7:57 pm

Ah...Under bed skirts for a Dart.

I'm thinking of making up some of them for our Dart
    work in progress at the moment, but am possibly going to use this.

maybe Velcro fitted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

anyone else ever made any ?
    navver

Post by navver Wed 02 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm

That does look good stuff although the colours are not quite the same. I've got one skirt for my dark blue designer, which is very useful for storage but don't thnk I would ever need two. Another option would be a utility tent, even a toilet tent will hold a fair bit of kit, mine's 4' x 4'.

The sides and roof all round are extended in length by a few inches to form the flaps with the poppers on. I'm not sure that velcro would be strong enough, my skirts are quite heavy. Maybe hooks on the dandy and eyelets on the skirt or hook them onto the bungees at side and end.
    Rik Shaw
    Rik Shaw

Post by Rik Shaw Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:16 pm

''Maybe hooks on the dandy and eyelets on the skirt or hook them onto the bungees at side and end.''

good point Navver.

I think that would be a more secure option.

Rik.
    discobryan
    discobryan

Post by discobryan Thu 03 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

Making them could be an option but trying to keel original Smile to be fair I think we will probably wait till we upgrade to a bigger one Smile lol but using all my lonely for camping and my latest hobby lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 11:55 am