Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy colour co-ordinating

Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Dandy colour co-ordinating Empty Dandy colour co-ordinating

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

I knew that Vicki was similar in my thinking in co-ordinating everything that has anything to do with my Dandy ............ When we finally met I realised we are as bad as each other and vicki had made some great little place mats and coasters to match her Dandy as she couldn't get any the correct colour of blue. Dandy colour co-ordinating 2170595768

I have only been this bad about co-ordinating since I got the Dandy, when we had a tent it didn't seem to matter too much but I think I got a bit nuts about my Dandy the more I used it the more I wanted it to be just right Dandy colour co-ordinating 2829330259
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Dandy colour co-ordinating Empty Re: Dandy colour co-ordinating

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

i am quite fastidious on my colours matching in my dandy and like helen said i made cork back placemats and coasters in dandy dark blue as i couldn't find suitable coloured ones anywhere on the internet or in stores in town
    when we sold our delta (light blue) i gave the new buyer all the bedding and cushions (matched awning curtains) and throws as they didn't 'go' with my new designer the only thing i have now which i need to change is my camping table - green with white legs as i need a blue one (haven't seen one yet) helen has same table but in grey which i much prefer much to nicks dismay as they are exactly same except for colour
    perhaps i'm just odd Wink

oh and the bedding and throws and cushions i use in the dandy only get used in there as it doesn't match my house Laughing

Last edited by vickoir on Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

They do that table in white vicki so that would be okay as you have white on your Dandy and awning too Dandy colour co-ordinating 3498837457
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:41 pm

helen wrote:They do that table in white vicki so that would be okay as you have white on your Dandy and awning too Dandy colour co-ordinating 3498837457

will have to have a look don't tell nick though as he'll be confused as why i'm replacing a perfectly servicable table Rolling Eyes
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Tell him it's because it doesn't match Dandy colour co-ordinating 1705467399

I hadn't realised that we both have colour co-ordinating fridges too until you mentioned it, it may even be a sub-consious thing now. Dandy colour co-ordinating 143088812 The only thing that I am not happy with is the green on the side of my utility tent but its such a good tent that I have had to live with the colour issue. Dandy colour co-ordinating 2197500976
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:49 pm

most men only see in 7 colours like dogs things like peach lemon and orange are fruits not colours as for cornflour blue pistachio and aubergine are just beyond comprehension Dandy colour co-ordinating 3462454224
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:52 pm

Cant imagine what our Dandy would look like if left to my other half......... If it functions it will do no matter what it looks like pale
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

i must agree that as a fairly new recruit to the dandy world, this need to colour co-ordinate is catching lol

i now need to match things to my brown dandy where before i would be happy with anything that served the right purpose now it has to be the right colour too

as an example i'm replacing the bungee cord on the dandy cover as the old stuff is perishing and black just won't do so i started a thread on here to see if someone could find green or brown - only the right kind of green, not the bright colour i'd found

thankfully nick found a fantastic khaki green which is perfect cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

well i know i'm going to struggle to find a fridge to co-ordinate with my dandy Sad
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:58 pm

says who missus
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this one far too expensive and a bit of a dog but they are out there cheers
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vicki, the super ninja squirrel lol

amazing how you find things Dandy colour co-ordinating 1710857839 Dandy colour co-ordinating 1710857839
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

haha its a gift and a secret Razz
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

John has read this thread and thinks my obsession should go as far as changing our car for one that matches......... I told him he can respray the one we already have Dandy colour co-ordinating 1208560806
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

helen wrote:John has read this thread and thinks my obsession should go as far as changing our car for one that matches......... I told him he can respray the one we already have Dandy colour co-ordinating 1208560806

my car is blue so does match our dandy but doesnt have a tow bar, and is too expensive to tow with boo hoo Crying or Very sad
    however i now have an idea for our new car Dandy colour co-ordinating 184121345
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

If we were going to get a new one I would probably go for a dark blue as opposed to the light as it just doesn't look good on a car. Sad

I am going to make some more awning curtains as the ones I already have are lined and a bit heavy if I am going to use the wires, have a lovely pair of duck egg blue curtains just crying out to be cut up for the awning. Shocked
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:29 pm

that will look nice looking forward to seeing them in sept especially with the wires
    its crazy thats it is so simple yet elluded us for so long
    Exclamation
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm

Couldn't believe how simple it was until I saw yours, so much easier to do. The curtains I already have are lovely and I may just take the lining out of them as a spare set just in case I fancy a change. Smile The blue wont look as pretty but wont crease as much as the white ones I have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 12:41 pm