Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle

ChrisP
    ChrisP

First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle Empty First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle

Post by ChrisP Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:28 pm

Time to stop pretending to fix/improve bits and just go out and camp in it.....

This was a nice site ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) with plenty of space around the pitches. The shower block was clean well heated and the water in the showers hot. Possibly too hot as they are the push button type with no option to adjust the temperature.

The best point (given the cold nights) was that the hookup allowed over 2KW. I was able to run a 1.5KW oil filled radiator, some lights and chargers and still boil the travel kettle with tripping out the supply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Day 1 was sunny - Here is the top of Whernside

Day 2 was not sunny - Here is the top of Pen Y Ghent

and unfortunately this was not my tow car......but it was nice to see it when I popped into Settle to replace the washing up liquid I was sure was left in the Dandy when I packed it away last year....

From old cars to old locomotives..I know the Settle to Carlisle railway has some steep sections, but are three locos (Deltics?) really neccessary? The hill in the background is Whernside and the viaduct is the Ribblehead one. The Station Inn at Ribblehead has a gents 'Loo with a View'. As you stand to return your rented beer, you look out through a window at the viaduct.

To complete the whole set of "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" we also had a couple of old planes flying over - presumably on their way to a display. Unfortunately point and shoot cameras with slow zooms and fast planes don't make the best combination. That will teach me to save weight and leave the SLR at home. Since it completes the set, I have included it anyway. I think it was a Hurricane, but I am not that well versed in planes.

Hopefully many more enjoyable trips to come this year.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle Empty Re: First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle

Post by Caz1960 Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:53 am

First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 2197500976  fantastic photo's love the fact you both are smiling on the top of Pen y Ghent  First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 1710857839 First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 1710857839 First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 1710857839 First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 1710857839 
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle Empty Re: First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle

Post by Helen Thu 17 Apr 2014, 4:32 pm

Lovely pictures, the site looks great too  First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 184121345 You've just reminded me before we go away to open ours up to see what's already in there and what's not and failing that make sure we go to a site within striking distance of shops  First Trip of 2014 - Langcliffe Park near Settle 115684958 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 3:01 pm