Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+3
navver
Phoenix
aarrrgary
7 posters

Wheels and tyres eBay item

aarrrgary

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty Wheels and tyres eBay item

Post by aarrrgary Thu 08 May 2014, 7:28 pm

Hi,

I'm asking a question of people with knowledge.

Will the wheels and tyres in this item replace the 8" wheels on a 1991 Dart?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've sent the same question to the retailer and am awaiting their reply. I will updated this post if I get a response.

Thanks for your help.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty Re: Wheels and tyres eBay item

Post by Phoenix Thu 08 May 2014, 8:43 pm

Hi and  Wheels and tyres eBay item 1217042266  aarrrgary

The smallest wheel we know of on a Dandy is a 10 inch wheel. We would suggest checking the size of the ones you have before ordering those. You should find the size on the side of your existing tyres.
    navver

Post by navver Thu 08 May 2014, 10:06 pm

It's very unlikely. The stud size and PCD & load rating should be OK. They don't mention the offset, you need approx 23mm offset. If you use the smaller 8" wheels the dandy will be even lower. There is already an issue with the tow ball height making the dandy very nose up. This will make it worse.

However as Pheonix says, check what you have. There is no such thing as a standard dandy. For all we know you may have a dart with inboard small wheels for some strange reason only known to the great gods of dandyland.

The WT52 on this site will do. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] assuming yours is the same as mine.
    aarrrgary

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty Thanks

Post by aarrrgary Fri 09 May 2014, 1:59 am

Hi

Thanks for the replies will have to check the tyre size again got doubts in my mind now. Will post again later.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Fri 09 May 2014, 9:12 pm

Suspect sorry I can't help but just want to say  Wheels and tyres eBay item 2792229418 Wheels and tyres eBay item 1217042266 Wheels and tyres eBay item 1217042266 Wheels and tyres eBay item 1593551164 Wheels and tyres eBay item 1217042266 Wheels and tyres eBay item 1217042266 Wheels and tyres eBay item 2792229418 
    aarrrgary

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty Looking again

Post by aarrrgary Sun 18 May 2014, 4:31 pm

Well having been and checked, the wheel size is 10 inch. I do not know where I got the idea I had the other size on my Dandy from. For the time being I've succumbed to using inner tubes but will visit dandy in the near future and hopefully find out where replacements can be bought from.

Thanks for all the replies and welcome message Very Happy
    jake001
    jake001

Post by jake001 Sun 18 May 2014, 5:02 pm

As cheap as anybody and only a short distance away. Complete with new wheel for only about £15 more  cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The PCD (diameter of circle of studs) is 4", do not get wheels 115mm pcd  affraid 

Last edited by jake001 on Sun 18 May 2014, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PCD info added)
    aarrrgary

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty Wheels and tyres

Post by aarrrgary Mon 19 May 2014, 4:25 pm

Thanks Jake
    navver

Post by navver Mon 19 May 2014, 11:30 pm

That tyre looks right but the wheel they do doesn't seem to have the correct offset. They say centre web. It may fit but will stick out from the mudguard.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Tue 20 May 2014, 10:36 am

Naughty Towsure

The 375Kg load gives it away the tyre is Bias belted. Bias belting is sort of like crossplys but not and sized like radials. Nearly all (OK everyone I could find) 145/10R 80 Tyres are 69 S or T the S and T being speed ratings the 69 is a load rating of 325Kg [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This TrailerTek page shows the options more clearly. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not saying you don't want Bias Belted tyres but you do want to know what you're buying.  This thread started off about tyres for a 6 but covers the 10 inch tyres as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

On the subject of wheels and tyres complete again TrailerTek show the options quite clearly [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You want a 4" PCD not 115mm nor 100mm with a 1" offset or what is commonly known as a "Mini" wheel.

Chasing through an old thread it's 24mm not 1" (25.4mm) offset.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mike a

Wheels and tyres eBay item Empty wheel confusion !

Post by mike a Sun 22 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm

Just to add my experience to the pot, I had no spare with my 1990 designer I got this year and read all I could on the forum to do with wheels and tyres, I finaly decided to take the chance on these... "10 inch trailer wheel 10" 4" pcd 4 stud wheel, silver, new. 5.00 X 10 H/D 4 ply tyre.( has "light truck" on the side wall)
    Item Number 251528052011 £35.95 GBP " from ebay from a seller in Norwich called discountowbars and it fits spot on ! to my relief.
    The wheel on the rim is also a half inch "taller" then what I have on at the mo. so was thinking of getting another to have a complete brand new pair on and to combat the annoying nose up ride on my toe bar.
    Although at the trailer center where i had it serviced they said they could lower the tow hitch a few inches or what ever it needs to ride level for £100 and it will stop any sway apparently. although I am toying with doing it myself and saving the cash!
    navver

Post by navver Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm

Certainly looks and sounds the part and a good price too. They don't mention any offset but if it fits OK it should be OK. Not sure if it's cross ply but if it is you need to make sure both are as you shouldn't mix cross ply & radial on the same axle.

On the ride height, designers are prone to suspension sag as the units are close to their limit weight wise. New units will raise the ride height. Unless the old ones are really bad or you've got a very small car, the designer shouldn't sway. They are really stable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 8:54 pm