Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale

ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale Empty Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale

Post by ShaunJUK Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For Sale

Dandy Discovery 5 Berth Folding Camper / Trailer Tent

This is a custom build with an additional window in the bedroom end not seen on some Dandy’s. It has the option of winterised, double-skin PVC with insulation between the wall skins as well as the roof. This ensures your kept cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It also prevents the build-up of condensation on the walls and ceiling. Also included are complete side skirts and a full Dandy awning (including original Dandy peg bag)!

Lockable door with key, sofa, bench seat, kitchen with utility shelf and sink with running water (12v electric pump), and gas cooker with grill (gas bottle included)

Full 240v electrics with 6 standard sockets and a 6 way extension for the awning which plugs in under the dandy. 12v electrics run through a 10amp power supply which is more than enough to run the sink pump, kitchen downlighters and 4 strip lights to fill the Dandy and Awning with light when required.

I have included all the kitchen utensils seen in the draw, some pots and pans, door mounted waste bin, a 2kw fan heater, aquaroll and waste water container, hook up leads including adapter for a home socket, awning size breathable ground sheet, step, 2 wind breaks and a spare wheel with new tyre.

Warm , dry and easy to erect (8 minutes, solo). Dandy Campers are known to last for years. They can be put away wet and erected in the rain without dampening the interior. Stunning.

Brown winterised Dandies are rare and especially with the option of skirts or the awning!

There is some work needed but this is just simple DIY which is another perk of owning one, you can repair and customise it yourself. I did replace the bottom door hinge but used too small rivets so it just requires re-riveting. If I find some bigger rivets I will do it otherwise it is just a 2 minute job. The kitchen unit could also do with some attention but is totally useable as seen in the pictures.

Last edited by ShaunJUK on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    navver

Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale Empty Re: Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale

Post by navver Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

That's a nice dandy you have there Shaun, didn't realise you had skirts and winterised etc.

However it looks a wee bit bigger than a dart and I would say it is definitely a discovery or 5. IMO the best model they ever made and better than a designer.
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sat 21 Jun 2014, 10:18 pm

navver wrote:That's a nice dandy you have there Shaun, didn't realise you had skirts and  winterised etc.

However it looks a wee bit bigger than a dart and I would say it is definitely a discovery or 5. IMO the best model they ever made and better than a designer.

Thanks, just spoke to Helen about the same thing, never did get my head around the names.
    moorsman

Dandy Discovery 5 Berth For Sale Empty hi

Post by moorsman Tue 24 Jun 2014, 7:26 pm

Have to agree with previous posts it is indeed a very nice looking dandy and not too far from us . How much are you looking for ?
    Regards kev
    ShaunJUK
    ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:12 pm

I'm looking for offers around £1000 but for dandycampers will accept £800

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:51 pm