Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

2 posters

new destiny owner

jh

new destiny owner Empty new destiny owner

Post by jh Sun 13 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Hi I'm in Ireland and I'm just after buying a Destiny (the same as the one Neil has the set up video for,great help,is there anywhere i can view the take down video in slow speed),was looking for a trailer tent and the destiny came up for sale in a local adds paper,never seen or heard of them,googled it and bought it asap last monday eve,me wife and kids went away for a few nights wed to try it out,very impressed,also will go for the same awning the suncamp xl,could anyone tell me the best way to join it to the destiny,do i need an awning rail,if yes what type and where do i get it
    loads more questions to come

John
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

new destiny owner Empty Re: new destiny owner

Post by Tow Itch Mon 14 Jul 2014, 2:12 am

Hello John

Congratulations on getting the Destiny.
    As you might have noticed the video was posted on a different forum so we're not going to be the best people to advise on their videos. Riva didn't produce a video on erection and dismantling of the larger Dandys.
    Though there are lots of differences there are also many similarities in erecting the small Dandys. Have you seen the Riva video?

Sunncamp awnings are best connected by an awning rail but before you commit to a Suncamp why not look at some other options. We have a section on alternative options  http://www.dandycampers.org/f22-other-dandy-awning-ideas Why not have a look and see what others have done. A suncamp would be fine for a lightweight awning something slightly larger than a porch awning but if you wanted something larger still Destinys would be particularly suitable with a caravan awning.

We look forward to any questions you may have.

Not so many Dandys over the water. An odd one crops up for sale in the North a couple of times a year but I think we have had no more than four enquiries from people in the South and I've never seen anything listed for sale.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Thu 24 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

Just reviewing some thoughts on your other thread.
    You said that you were likely to just hook up to a EHU. That suggests developed campsites. If you ever fancy doing any campsite reviews I'd be interested. Not sure how many you would tempt across but the is a terrible scarcity of information on Irish campsites. I think I've camped on more than I've seen reviewed. One thing I saw that I've never seen in British campsites was a common room where you could cook and or sit out of the rain if you only had a small tent. Perhaps it's the ability to sit out of the rain that is so Irish. Particularly fond memories of attending a motorcycle rally at Clonmell and camping at Ballydehob. Alas that site at ballydehob doesn't seem to be in business anymore.
    Pictures of your Destiny would be most welcome too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 5:21 am