Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold Empty Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold

Post by The Admiral Fri 18 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

I never expected to be saying this so soon  affraid but we are buying a caravan and so will be putting our Dandy Designer up for sale shortly. It was always a longer term plan to move on to a Tin Tent but our friend has decided to sell his current van and its too good an opportunity to miss as we are very familiar with it, know its history and we know it has been very well looked after.

So somewhat reluctantly we are going to be selling 'Olivia', my sentimental side would like to keep her but its just not practical to pay for storeage for the caravan and continue renting a garage for her as we have nowhere to store her at home. I thought I would advertise on here first to see if any of our members would be interested as I want her to go to a good home. If anyone is interested you can see a video on my gallery page that shows what she's like, she really is an excellent Dandy (1995 Designer) and comes complete with a Dandy awning with zip out sides, both side skirts, matching curtains for inside the Dandy and awning, roof liner, awning roof liner, the bed and all the seating had been recovered by her talented previous owner (who also made all the curtains) and the covers are all zipped so can be removed for her easy cleaning and finally her suspension has been uprated to 750kg. She really has got everything you could ask for in a Dandy which is why we're ideally looking at around £2,000 for her (we paid £2700 just under two years ago). We're in no rush to sell and will wait for the right price.

If anyone is interested let me know and we can arrange to put her up for a viewing if you want. Several members on her have seen her 'in the flesh' and can confirm how good she is.

Last edited by The Admiral on Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold Empty Re: Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold

Post by mike Fri 18 Jul 2014, 10:28 am

Sorry to hear that,no one can argue you have been and i bet will remain a devoted fan of dandy campers,although we have given up i would still recommend them.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold Empty Re: Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

Sorry to be losing you. Hope you still visit.

To anyone in the market to buy this might not sound like a cheap Dandy but it does have every conceivable bell and whistle and is in tip top condition.  

The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Fri 18 Jul 2014, 11:45 am

Guys, I have no intention of going anywhere I'll still be a regular visitor to the forum and if we do ever organise any more meets I'd love to still come along and catch up with you all. I love Dandys and always will and I'll always be a very keen ambassador for them. I'd love to be able to keep Olivia but its just not practical and she probably wouldn't get used that much which would be a crying shame as she's such a lovely example.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:15 pm

Hopefully we will see you at meets.
    I'll still be a regular visitor to the forum and if we do ever organise any more meets 
    What do you mean other than me having all the social attraction of a leper and finding no interest in any event I've suggested I'm sure someone will suggest a suitable meet. 

Perhaps not in this sales section (or in if you so care to) do tell us about your new caravan. I'm not expecting something twin wheeled if your towing with the present car. All the comforts of home including hot water?
    Though you are buying from a friend I'd still carry out a damp test. That way whatever happens you get to stay friends. A caravan is a serious step as servicing and repair starts to amount to more than a pop rivet tool a tub of grease and a handful of roofing bolts. 
    Hope all goes well. I'm sure the luxuries of a three way fridge and washing facilities will be welcome while you do your re-enactments and pitch on sites with no facilities. I've forgot, it is medieval not civil war that you do isn't it?
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix Sat 19 Jul 2014, 10:30 pm

Sorry to be losing you as a Dandy owner Admiral  Crying or Very sad , but glad you are still going to be around and contributing to the forum.  Very Happy 

We saw Olivia at Woodhall last year and someone is going to get a good Dandy if they go for her.  Going Over to the 'Dark Side' - Dandy Designer for Sale - Sold 3498837457 

Tow Itch wrote:What do you mean other than me having all the social attraction of a leper and finding no interest in any event I've suggested I'm sure someone will suggest a suitable meet.

Mr Itch you have more social attraction than a leper and we are quite happy to camp with you anywhere. We as you know have a few issues going on, but when they are sorted will be up for a meet some where, if others are up for it they are more than welcome to join us.  Smile
    The Admiral
    The Admiral

Post by The Admiral Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:04 pm

Just to let everyone know that we have sold Olivia to the very nice family that came to see her tonight. We were sorry to see her go but she's going to a good home and I'm sure they'll have many happy holidays in her.

We told them all about the forum, so they may come on here to let us know how she's getting on.
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 25 Jul 2014, 12:41 am

Congratulations????
    Also congratulations to the buyers. They have bought a rare bird, an excellent piece of kit.

Come on let's see the pictures of the Tin Tent!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:39 pm