Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

+7
Helen
Nick
Owd Lad
Eilis
vickoir
mike
Keith
11 posters

Our trip to Somerset

Keith
    Keith

Our trip to Somerset Empty Our trip to Somerset

Post by Keith Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Just a few pics of our Dandy in use, as you can see it still needs a little work inside but its usable, the sun canopy was a great bonus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    View of Weston from the pier
    Brean Sands
    Some of the site wildlife
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Our trip to Somerset Empty Re: Our trip to Somerset

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:10 pm

Nice pictures,smart dandy i think most of the older dandys need a bit of tidying but obviously yours is very usable and you can have fun using it while doing the odd little job,

mike
    vickoir
    vickoir
    Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

looks like a great place keith lovely beach and review sounds good and by the looks of it your dog was very comfortable,
    must make sure eilis sees your utility tent too as its brown i was very impressed Wink
    Eilis
    Eilis
    Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

looks lovely and i bet if the dandy was perfect when you boutght it you'd still tinker with it lol
    Owd Lad
    Owd Lad

Our trip to Somerset Empty Somerset trip

Post by Owd Lad Sun 10 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

A Dandy will stay immaculate if it's not used but what's the point in that? We all like our rigs and half the fun of ownership is 'customising'. 'Doing them up' is part of that process. Call it necessary maintenance if you will but it still comes down to putting our own signatures on our rigs. Then having to use it some more to see if we like what we've done. After all we don't do necessary maintenance for someone elses benefit. Good to see yoour using it whilst considering your options.
    Steve
    Nick
    Nick
    Dandy Owner

Post by Nick Sun 10 Jul 2011, 6:04 pm

I think all Dandys are on going restoration projects.I have an ever growing list of odds and sods that need sorting nothing major just little things.
    mike
    mike
    Dandy Owner

Post by mike Sun 10 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

NickB wrote:I think all Dandys are on going restoration projects.I have an ever growing list of odds and sods that need sorting nothing major just little things.

Well most of us are stuck with cars we can do very little with so its fun
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 10 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

Great pictures and a nice Dandy too,

I love my sun-canopy. What I do with the pvc leg covers is pull them down and then fold back under (on the inner side that sits against the leg) and then wrap the bungee that is on the bottom of the fabric (now a few inches up the leg tucked inside) around and down to the ground then peg. It just looks neater and stops the pvc leg cover flapping around in the wind as depending on the lay of the ground they can be too long.

Not sure this is the best explanation in the world but I do hope you understand what I am trying to say Our trip to Somerset 2829330259
    carl
    carl

Post by carl Sun 10 Jul 2011, 9:35 pm

i have just booked a week stay at this site and i thought i recognized the photo of the pond with the water jet
    and yes it was the same one as in your photos
    lynn83
    lynn83

Post by lynn83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:54 pm

very nice, we also went to Weston-Super-Mare, some people got stuck in the mud so there was a rescue going on.
    Is your dandy a 6 low?, we haven't got a window behind our bed/settee on the end. Like what you have done for the shelf, think we may get some of them brackets.
    Keith
    Keith

Post by Keith Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

lynn83 wrote:
    Is your dandy a 6 low?, we haven't got a window behind our bed/settee on the end. Like what you have done for the shelf, think we may get some of them brackets.

Yes it is a 6 low sided Dandy, credit for the shelf though should go to Helen on the admin here as I nicked the idea from her.

Currently we are doing the interior up, new floor vinyl (laminate style), carpeting over the dining/bed storage and replacing some interior woodwork. My wife wants me to give the interior a lift by painting the interior walls but we are yet to decide fully on that one.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

I have the same dandy 6 low i am trying to work out a way of changing the kitchen units as i see most have cupboard doors as mine are sliding doors and not in good shape as the plywood is thin and split but because the sides are low this is a problem when folding they would have to be cut in half so i'm doing a mock up at home with cardboard and cello-tape to scale ( blue peter eat your heart out) short version doors ,piano hinges etc how I can get it to fold flat pack but be sturdy up right love the shelf more idea's brilliant Our trip to Somerset 2197500976 , creative juices flowing again curtain rails, curtains, cushions, shells ooh seaside theme Our trip to Somerset 2792229418 Our trip to Somerset 1705467399 oh yea did the sun sun shade come with your dandy or did you get it if so where from??
    lynn83
    lynn83

Post by lynn83 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

We have put new carpet in ours but don't like the sliding doors on the kitchen as the bottom ones are really hard to open when the kitchen has been put on. Like all these ideas, look forward to seeing the cardboard kitchen Laughing then the real thing.
    Caz1960
    Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

I will see if I can get this photo thing worked out ( call on my neice more likely as I don't want to admit that I managed to see the tour of Brition stood for hours with a winging teenage but stood my ground the moment came and went poised with camera wasn't till i got home and transfered to laptop good photo of feet, sky, up my nose, not a bike in site wah Our trip to Somerset 3355420168 ) ha ha its a dandy mock up because I cant keep putting her up every time an Idea crosses my mind but if I put her up permanently I'm sure the farmer will get a bit annoyed might not but don't want to loose my storage. as my biggest fault it if someone " says you can't do that !" the I get a bee in the bonnet work it out myself if I can't that's fine I then understand why, but if I can I will! Very Happy
    Cazz
    Cazz

Post by Cazz Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

Nice pics. Your sun canopy is the same as ours, but with two legs. I thought that hanging thing was a flag, lol. I liked the shelf also and the little window on the end.

Our kitchen has sliding doors, in some ways they are easier because they don't get in the way when open. Caz, I'm looking forward to seeing your cardboard kitchen.
    Helen
    Helen
    Dandy Owner

Post by Helen Sun 02 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

We have sliding doors too, they do stick a bit sometimes so I clean the runners out and added some of vicki's famous silicone spray and that helps. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the proto-type kitchen.

I love my shelf and am glad that other's are also fitting them, It gets a lot of use in our Dandy and when I take it off it sit's flat underneath one of the seats.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 06 May 2024, 6:20 pm