Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

4 posters

Dandy Designer for sale

markv

Dandy Designer for sale Empty Dandy Designer for sale

Post by markv Mon 18 Aug 2014, 2:22 pm

Hi all,
    Unfortunately the time has come for me and Dolly to part company  Sad . Now that I am on my own I really need to down-size. The problem is I have no idea how much to sell her for.
    She is a light blue and white Designer (1995 I think) in fantastic condition. Fully winterised with under- floor heating. No awning I'm afraid.
    How much should I be looking for and would any members be interested in her?
    I would much rather sell her on here where I know she would go to a good home, than advertise her on ebay and the like.
    Many thanks,
    Mark
    ChrisD

Dandy Designer for sale Empty Dolly

Post by ChrisD Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:59 pm

Hi Mark,

This is my first post do hope it works .

Not sure if you still have Dolly but if you do then would be interested.

We are looking to buy a Dandy over next few months to start using in the spring. Never had one beflight ut have been trying to convince my wife to get one for last year. Now my eldest son is due to start school she has see the light and agreed. We have 2 boys ( 2 and 4 ) and keen to get a Dandy to suit. From my limited internet browsing skills it looks like a 90s designer could be perfect - do you agree?  Would hope to keep any camper we bought for many years.

I havent much of clue how much your camper would be worth but perhaps othe members may have an idea.

I noticed from you posts you live in Sumderland, we just live in Gateshead and could easily pop across to look at Dolly.

Thanks

ChrisD
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Dandy Designer for sale Empty Re: Dandy Designer for sale

Post by Tow Itch Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm

Hello ChrisD and congratulations on your first post.
    I'm not sure if markv still has his Designer for sale but looking at the membership details [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he last visited on the 26th August so I wouldn't hold your breath whilst waiting for a reply.
    Have a good read of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and try to look at a couple before you buy to get a feel of what they should be like.
    Any questions, do feel free to ask.
    markv

Post by markv Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:31 pm

I'm still here! Sorry I don't get on as much as I could but I rarely have anything interesting to say anyway.
    Chris, I think Dolly would be ideal for you and your family (but I would say that, wouldn't I?).
    You are more than welcome to pop across and see her and I will send you my 'phone number in a private message.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:27 am

My apologies markv. Whether one has a Dandy or not I'm sure many users have interesting things to say.
    I bore people readily.
    Sorry markv and do feel free to comment on your other new non Dandy camping experiences.
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:42 pm

Hi ChrisD and welcome Very Happy

A 90s Designer is where I started with Dandys. I've since moved up to a Destiny bought on this forum, but overall I think the Designer is the best balance of size and features and I'd certainly recommend it for your needs.

Appropriate prices for Dandys are very much influenced by condition and 'added value' for improvements by previous owners, but drop me a PM and I'll give you some pointers based on my original purchase.
    markv

Dandy Designer for sale Empty Dandy designer for sale

Post by markv Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm

Hi All,
    Just wanted to say that Dolly is now sold. Chris D came up at the weekend, checked her all out and came back today to tow her away.
    A really nice bloke and I'm sure he'll be on here again to ask advice etc.
    Thanks for everyone's comments on my few posts; it's been a pleasure being a member.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    ChrisD

Post by ChrisD Tue 02 Sep 2014, 11:29 pm

Hi

Thanks Mark. Really pleased with Dolly, will take good care and looking forward to getting out and about with the family.
    Also thanks for showing us the Trike, very impressive.

Thanks also to tips from members on site. Buying tips were really helpful - hopefully made me look less of idiot when buying. Will be expert though in few years.

Thanks all. Am sure I will
    Have some questions soon.

Chris

Tow Itch
    Tow Itch
    Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch Wed 03 Sep 2014, 6:18 pm

Unfortunate to see markv go but nice to see you here ChrisD.
    Do feel free to post photos of your new Designer.
    "We love photos here!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:47 am