Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

3 posters

Still Searching

greycamper

Still Searching Empty Still Searching

Post by greycamper Wed 15 Apr 2015, 8:06 pm

Hi All,

Still looking for an awning for my Dandy Delta, and help needed, plus advice

Was thinking of getting a Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Porchlite, anyone got one of these, or a Khyam Quick Erect, thought it would be easy to erect when on my own.

Wanted a Movelite, but all them poles, makes me ill looking at them Crying or Very sad  to old now want an easy life

I am taking my Dandy to Ian at Riva Dandy next week, so thought if I get something he could figure something out to attach it with, or just go over or under roof, as I have read on the forum

Regards
    Patricia
    navver

Still Searching Empty Re: Still Searching

Post by navver Wed 15 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

There is a you tube erection video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There is a single roof pole which should go against the dandy wall above the door.
    You will need an awning channel or stitch in some ties etc to pass under the roof and tie to the inside roof bars.
    It looks like it goes against a straight section of caravan roof whereas the dandy roof slopes down from the centre. Not sure if this will make the sides billow out, perhaps needing a tuck taking out.
    The awning channel could be fixed to a couple of timber battens either hooked over the dandy side or tied to the roof bars perhaps.
    greycamper

Post by greycamper Wed 15 Apr 2015, 10:42 pm

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply and info, watched the video.

Think I might look at the Khyam Quick Erect, was looking at an Outwell Oklahoma Day Tent, had one of them before, no prob with it, did my cooking everything in it.

Anyway, keep on searching, something will turn up

Regards
    Patricia
    peridot
    peridot
    Dandy Admin

Post by peridot Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:56 pm

My folks got an OR Porchlite for their Motorhome and neither they nor I are very impressed with it.

Pumping up the air-filled elements is actually more effort that assembling poles and it's more difficult to get it properly adjusted if the ground isn't level.

If you're not desperate about being directly connected to the camper I'd say a day tent is a more straightforward solution.

We use an Outdoor Revolution one that's really light and easy to erect.
    greycamper

Post by greycamper Sat 18 Apr 2015, 2:02 pm

Hi, All

Thanks for the replies.

Was thinking of a day tent, had one with my tent, I used to use it in the park, days out, when with the grandkids.

Had it up one day in the park, red hot day, all sat down, black clouds came, where from I do not know, and it haved down, we were all snug in the day tent, while others got soaked.

So compared to an awning, they are useful for other things.

Hope you all enjoying the weather

Patricia sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 9:31 am