Dandy Campers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Destiny 4/6 Berth Lovingly Refurbished

Heffernan

Dandy Destiny 4/6 Berth Lovingly Refurbished Empty Dandy Destiny 4/6 Berth Lovingly Refurbished

Post by Heffernan Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:39 am

The most awesome Dandy ever, lovingly refurbished.
    The Dandy has new carpets and upholstery. It has beautifully hand made new curtains and mattress/sofa covers in Cath Kidston style - we also have a complete spare set in cream/beige for those who prefer a more manly look. There is also new upholstery on the seating areas. The kitchen unit and cupboard have been stripped, sanded and carefully painted with vintage cream shabby chic chalk paint and finished with three coats of sealant to give a wipeable finish. The draws and cupboard have also been lined with wipeable lining paper. There is a roof liner to cover marks from putting the unit up and down and hand made hanging heart decals. The Dandy was serviced last August and had new brake shoes and pads and new tyres. There is also a spare tyre. The chassis was scraped and sealed. The electrics were thoroughly checked and redone and a new whale water pump added - though this is temperamental and may need replacing for approx £20. She is 100% bone dry - no damp or leaks whatsoever. The gas/hob/grill all work perfectly. There are three 240v sockets - perfect for running a heater (included) and an Ariel point (we have never used the Ariel point so cannot guarantee this works). The dandy has also had new cream PVC sides to make it lighter and brighter. In addition, it had a new cover that cost in excess of £100
    This is the largest Dandy available. It has two large double beds at either end which can easily sleep two adults or three children. These beds can be left during the daytime or simply raise the backs to convert to large sofas. There is also a dining area that can easily seat four adults. The dining area was also a third double bed but a new smaller, more modern and more convenient table was made. This could easily be used once again as another double with the addition of a piece of mdf and two trips of wood. The seating either side of the table has masses of storage space underneath. All your things can be left in the camper ready to leave at a moments notice for a weekend away - just grab your clothes and go.
    There is a cupboard with shelving and lots of further storage in the kitchen unit. The kitchen unit consists of a gas hob and grill and sink with electric tap with cold running water that works off a leisure battery (battery not included).
    The Dandy is 750kg MRO so easily towed by most cars. It is PVC so obviously no worries about packing away in the rain - just pack it up wet and forget about it. It is designed so that even in rain the inside remains dry. It is very easy to erect - taking approx 15 minutes.
    Included in the sale is a nearly new quality 'porta potty' with flush and 'pop-up' toilet tent, gas bottle and connector, Whale water pump, fresh water and waste containers, heater and whistle/tin kettle.
    We have an awning for sale separately with canopy and a brand new inner pup tent.The awning is a lightweight movelite awning 3M x 3M. Two poles are split but it doesn't affect use (£70).
    I will accept offers over £999 for the Dandy - we have easily spent £1000 on it in the past year to fully refurbish it. It is only being sold because my husband likes to do as little as possible and wants a caravan - I want to keep the Dandy :-) I've tried telling him that the awning for a caravan will take far longer to put up than the Dandy but he wants a van anyway!
    Although this has been refurbished, it is a number of years old so please don't expect perfection - there are a number of dinks and marks, particularly to the outside. There is slight tearing at the press stud area at the bottom of the PVC (has no effect on use or dryness). The cover for the number plate light got broken last weekend while we were away in it but this could probably be easily replaced. All trailer lights and electrics work perfectly.
    If you've had a tent this will be complete luxury! It is the perfect alternative to a caravan as it is easy to tow and store and damp free! Viewing highly recommended as I want you to be happy and clear regarding what you are buying and I don't want any problems, hassle or comebacks - please view of you can! Bid to buy, no time wasters (I'm a busy lady!)

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 10:48 am